Problem trying to activate brave rewards

when I try to activate the brave rewards I get the same tab always making a loop

2 Likes

Better if I Tag someone from the support team. @SaltyBanana @Mattches @steeven

2 Likes

BTW, what Version of Brave are you on? And what OS?
Also do you see a key info seed as valid when you type brave://rewards-internals in the searchbar?

1 Like

I downloaded the installer from the brave page and when I entered that link that you sent it only tells me that I still haven’t created a rewards profile

1 Like

@Heromax Need you to answer the following:

• What OS are you using?

• What version of Brave are you using? (don’t just say “the latest,” provide the version number). This is found in About under your settings.

• IF ON ANDROID (I’m assuming you’re not) Does it pass SafteyNet? (skip this if not using Android)

• Go to brave://rewards/ and tap/click on Manage Brave Rewards. Then choose Reset. Does this help? (Does this appear for you?)

1 Like

-windows 10
-Version v1.45.133
-I can’t get Manage Brave Rewards

1 Like

Ok, let’s see about maybe going for a different option really quick. Go to the hamburger menu (three lines on top right of Brave, just under the X to close) and choose Create a new profile.

Once you’re in the new browser profile, see if it is able to work. If so, we’ll just have you delete the existing profile and go about your business.

If it doesn’t work, then I’m going to suggest you try to reinstall Brave. I’m not saying to uninstall it, but to go back to https://brave.com/download/ and download/install again, so if there was anything corrupt it might fix itself.

That’s kind of the easy, basic troubleshooting. If neither of those work, I’ll ask if you’re using a Virtual Machine or legitimate PC. Then from there either have our answer or will have to see if someone like Mattches can help.

1 Like

neither of the 2 options worked
and I’m not using any virtual machine and I don’t know what you mean by legitimate PC
Maybe it’s because of a problem in my region. I live in Peru.

1 Like

Nah, that shouldn’t cause a problem.

A virtual machine is basically an emulator. So a computer within a computer. When I said a “legitimate PC” I mean a regular built PC with an official version of Windows installed on it.
______-

Just to be clear, you’re saying when you click on Start Using Brave Rewards it doesn’t do anything? It doesn’t matter if you do it through the little triangle (Rewards icon) on the address/search bar on top or if you do it from brave://rewards, it just goes into a loop and you can do nothing?

1 Like

When I put start using brave rewards a window appears where it asks me to verify and redirects me to the same page and so on infinitely

1 Like

This is strange, as this is pretty much identical to an issue that was hotfixed quite recently. If you’re on the latest version of Brave, which it seems @Heromax is, then this shouldn’t be happening.

I would guess if you go to brave://rewards-internals, it will say “Rewards profile not yet created”.

@Heromax, did you copy-paste files/folders from a previous installation of Brave? Or is this all normal usage and updating?

I installed it today and uninstalled it and reinstalled and the same thing happens

1 Like

Okay, try this:

1. Go to brave://version
  2. Look under “profile path”, and go to that folder (/default). EXIT BRAVE COMPLETELY.
  3. Open the file “Preferences” in a text editor (like notepad)
  4. Find "rewards": { ... } and under it, you should see a line that says "enabled": true/false. See screenshot below.
  5. Delete the entire line that says "enabled": true/false,
  6. Save the file
  7. Launch Brave and try again

1 Like

I was looking for it for a while but I did not find the “enabled”: true / false in the reward

1 Like

@Heromax Is this the first time you are trying to enable Brave Rewards? Or were you already using it, but then this suddenly started happening?

Can you also send me a PM with your brave://rewards-internals > Event Logs?

1 Like

It is the first time that I try to activate it and I already sent you what you asked for

1 Like

@Heromax Can you update Brave to latest version (1.46.x)? Go to brave://help to update. Then, see if it still happens after you’ve updated to 1.46.x. Please let us know, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.