Problem Receiving Brave Rewards

I have been using Brave for ~8 months and have never received a payment. My rewards has dropped to 0 several times and I’m not sure why. I’ve tried linking my uphold account and gemini account. Neither one works. I get the error “Your request is still being processed, please wait.
Sorry there was a problem processing your request, please try again.”

I also have brave wallet installed and wondering why the rewards don’t come to that wallet either. I lost out on all rewards from last month and would like to receive rewards.

What date did you verify your wallet? Unable to verify

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? No

Are you using a VPN? (yes)

Are you in a supported region ()? USA

Does your device pass the [SafteyNet]check (Android only)? Not Android

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold?? Yes

Hi and welcome to the community.

Please post your Brave version and OS. You can just copy/paste the first three lines at brave://version. The current Brave version for macOS is 1.36.117 and 1.36.116 for other platforms. If you are not using the current version, you should update and see if the problem persists.

Have you completed the verification process on both Gemini and Uphold? If you have not completed the verification process, you will not be able to link your Brave Rewards to a custodial account. Additional information can be found in the below article from the Brave Help Center.

What is a verified Brave Rewards wallet? How do I verify my Brave Rewards?

Even if your wallet is unverified, you should be receiving payments. Have you ever had a Claim Button at the end of payout processing? A Claim Button should be available in Brave Rewards (brave://rewards). If you have had claim buttons in the past, what happens when you click the Claim Button? Are any messages displayed?

Why can’t my wallet receive my rewards? How about tipping from my wallet?

BAT Rewards come in the form of virtual BAT (vBAT) until you verify with an exchange. When you verify with an exchange, your vBAT gets deposited there and converted to real BAT. The step for going to an exchange is required for AML/KYC reasons. We’re looking at the decentralization process for Brave ads rewards as part of Themis.

Brave Wallet is a self custody wallet and therefore we cannot currently pay to it for the user rev-share for ads. We would need to KYC/AML your address and may also need a money transmitter license to do so.

For tipping, we are planning to implement on-chain P2P tipping. There are some things to work through including high Ethereum gas fees and no anonymity on Ethereum. After we have Solana support we will likely add this pretty quickly.

Source: Brave Wallet FAQ

Thank you for your help.

Here is the version:

Brave 1.36.116 Chromium: 99.0.4844.74 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Revision fee9a47e86e981802390cb0d41c5ed7ea93c4f6f-refs/branch-heads/4844@{#1060}
OS Windows 10 Version 21H1 (Build 19043.1586)

Blockquote

Earlier this month it said I had ~15BAT pending and said payouts were processing for several days. I can’t remember specifically seeing a claim button.

Everytime I have tried to verify either Uphold or Gemini accounts I receive an error saying:
“Your request is still being processed, please wait.
Sorry there was a problem processing your request, please try again.”

My preference would be to use Gemini

Unverified wallet payouts are not complete per link below. Not sure why but you may be part of a group that are still processing. There is additional information there to consider, you might want to check it out if you haven’t already.

Can you provide additional detail? Some of this information is implied but I just want to confirm.

1. Did you check brave://rewards and do you see a claim button? Is there any status message at all currently displayed?

2. In your Gemini account does it say “Verified” on your profile page?

3. Is there any information displayed under External wallet infoat brave://rewards-internals? Do not post your wallet address here! Just checking to see if there is any Wallet status and Custodian information displayed.

The claim button used to be in old versions, correct me if I am wrong.

@CerealLover Hi :slightly_smiling_face:

Not sure what you are saying, sorry. I read a post (here, on reddit, or on GitHub just not sure where) from a Brave staff member that claim buttons are set up for both unverified and verified wallets now (not sure what release it was referencing). I have a verified wallet and I received a claim button this payout cycle. You didn’t?

I cannot remember seeing that button. I am not sure. We will know by the 8th of … April.

1 Like

When I click verify wallet, both options give me an error.

Click on view statement - all the past months are now at 0.00 BAT. Last month it got up to ~15 where it says 0.4 now.

Ctrl+F for claim button couldn’t find anything, I don’t see one.

I’m not sure what to do I thought it would work this last month as it said something about my payout processing and be patient around 3/8 or so.

Did you check you Gemini and Uphold accounts and confirm you account is verified. Check Gemini for sure since you prefer that one. Check your balance too. Confirm that nothing was deposited.

Should I try to revoke and re-verify on this page:

I don’t know. You would have to ask Gemini support if there would be any consequences. If you don’t have any BAT in your Gemini account I can’t see that it matters, but if you do, then you might lose it, I just don’t know consequences.

What I do find interesting is that the Brave Browser entry was just created 3/11/2022. Wonder why that entry is there now after trying for months. I actually use Gemini and my entry was created at the same time I was verifying my account. But, my account was flagged so wasn’t able to connect until the flag was removed. So… I’ve pretty much exhausted anything I can do to help.

Why don’t you DM the moderators. Your account may be flagged and only they can check. Your BAT hasn’t been lost if you were flagged, they should process normally once the flag is removed.

Include a link to this post and information below. Just snip the parts you already provided and paste the info. They don’t work weekends and depending on where you are in the queue, it may take a few days for them to get back to you. If you don’t hear from them in a week or so, just tag them in your DM and ask for a status update.

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals )
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version )
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in `Settings → Brave Rewards

Mattches and Steeven are the moderators who handle most of the rewards issues.

How to DM a moderator:

1. Click on their icon and select the Message button in the top right corner or
  2. You can go to your profile and create a new message in Messages.

Thank you so much chocoholic. You are truly a 95%cacao amongst M&M’s. I will DM a moderator it seems like this issue is pretty unique.

1 Like

lol too funny. Thank-you! :laughing:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.