Plex Web App Add On-Tautulli

NOTE: Any “one-liner” or topics requesting support or reporting bugs that do not make an effort to include as much of this information as possible will not be responded to. Repeatedly posting as such is grounds for banning._
Please try to adhere to this template when reporting bugs. If you think you don’t need to fill out every section in the template fill out as much of it as you can and please be as descriptive as possible when posting.
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

Description of the issue:
Plex Web App Add-On Tautulli for log monitoring fails to redirect for logon.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Access a Plex web app which has Tautulli installed and configured and try to log in.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
This is the login page you get, all the links don’t navigate.

Expected result:
This popup login window to appear:
(Login buttons below bottom frame)

Reproduces how often:
100% consistent.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 /
Version 1.36.122 Chromium: 99.0.4844.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
I have turned off AdBLock Plus and Brave’s shields, enabled popups for anything in the DNS domain, as well as the individual pages, but the needed login popups refuse to display on page refresh.

As it is a private personal use server running in my basement, not wanting to publish it’s URL, but will share with a Brave support person looking into the matter.
eohrnberger~AT~Gmail.com

When you say the links don’t navigate, you’re saying that clicking Sign in does nothing?

Correct. A popup login should be displayed, but it it not.
Also, for URLs in that domain, I have popups and redirects allowed in the settings → Privacy and Security → Site and Shields setting.

And turning Shields = down doesn’t make a difference here?

That’s correct. The shields are down for this site:

I signed in twice in a Tautulli Setup Wizard install (one existing Brave profile, one clean profile), with plex installed in windows. Was able to do so without any shield changes. Because I had a password for 127.0.0.1 for another account, the password manager thought that was the right account for plex. (Just chose plex.tv from the Bitwarden account instead of the 127.0.0.1)

Fixed the trackers, and vod playback (video ads will still show it seems). one plex.tv signin quirk. I’ll recheck this tomorrow, see if everything is working, but seems okay

1 Like

Hey appreciate that. I’ll let this update download and will re-test.

Hi all. Noticed that Brave had an update, applied it. Found the issue was still there.

Traced it down to a misbehaving web caching extension. Remove that, and all is working as expected.

Appreciate your looking into the Plex compatibility, though. Thanks! I’m sure there are many who are Plex streaming in Brave.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.