Can't login to website

windows

When I try to access discourse.osmc.tv, I’m unable to login. When I press the Log in button, I do not get the login screen and, after a time, I get a message that “you have been logged out” with an option to “Refresh”, which does nothing, as far as I can tell.

Moreover, I’m unable to open any of the links on this page.

I’ve tried “shields down”, but that doesn’t help.

This site opens and functions normally with Firefox and Chrome, but I had both Firefox and Brave opened at the same time at this site at one point, and the problems I had with Brave seemed to migrate over to Firefox! To get back to the site, and login, with Firefox, I had to close Brave and then re-access the site with Firefox.

Any help would be appreciated. I’m having trouble with Firefox recently, and I like Brave. I’d like to continue using it.

Thanks.

NOTE: Any “one-liner” or topics requesting support or reporting bugs that do not make an effort to include as much of this information as possible will not be responded to. Repeatedly posting as such is grounds for banning._
Please try to adhere to this template when reporting bugs. If you think you don’t need to fill out every section in the template fill out as much of it as you can and please be as descriptive as possible when posting.
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

Description of the issue:

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Additional Information:

0 Likes

Hi @FrogFan,

Welcome to community! Sorry for your troubles here.

What OS and Brave version are you using? I will try to reproduce.

Thanks!
Steven

1 Like

I’m running Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, Brave Version 0.61.52 Chromium: 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Thanks for your help

0 Likes

@FrogFan,
Sorry for the late reply. Would you be willing to share a short screen-recording of the behavior you’re seeing? I want to make sure i’m following along correctly.

Additionally, I notice that the site you linked to is also run on Discourse – not unlike our Brave Community here. Have you ever had issues logging into this forum?

0 Likes

@Mattches,

No problem.

This morning before I saw your reply I decided to clear browsing history, cookies and other site data, and cached images and files. After I did that, I was able to reach the login screen and proceed normally. I’m guessing something got corrupted when Brave copied this data from Firefox when I installed it, but I’m not a tech guy so I don’t know.

I’ve never had a problem logging into your site.

1 Like

I’m glad you were able to login/access the site – caching errors can be tricky to catch. If you find that this continues to happen please feel free to create a new topic or DM me and I will reopen this one and we can continue troubleshooting.

0 Likes

closed #7
0 Likes