Paste only data (without format) seems independent per tab

Description of the issue:
In google’s spreadsheet, I use Ctrl+Shift+V to paste cells without format. Copying from one tab and pasting to other tab pastes the wrong data from clipboard.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Open a Google Spreadsheet in one tab (let’s call it tab A)
  2. Open another Google Spreadsheet in another tab (let’s call it tab B)
  3. Select a range of 3 cells in tab A and press Ctrl+C
  4. Select one cell in tab B and press Ctrl+C
  5. Go to tab A and press Ctrl+Shift+V

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
The pasted text is the copied from tab A in step 3

Expected result:
Should paste the last copied data, which was from tab B

Reproduces how often:
Every time

Brave Version(about:brave):
Brave 0.59.35 Chromium: 72.0.3626.81 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Revision ac8b982e05014492d1bd7d317628a4f22a97ffa0-refs/branch-heads/3626@{#796}
OS Windows
JavaScript V8 7.2.502.24

2 Likes

@tejuguasu Thanks for reporting. Similar issue is already logged, i have added the scenario which you posted in the issue. Please track the issue here.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I work in Google Sheets a lot and I’m having this same issue. It’s not a big deal if I only have to paste one cell, but it’s very problematic when I have to do it repeatedly. My workaround has been to paste and then use the little popup prompt to paste values only instead of just using the keyboard shortcut.

Does anyone know of any updates for this? I might have to switch back to Chrome if this isn’t addressed soon and I really don’t want to do that!

1 Like

I am facing this issue too, on Version 0.61.52 Chromium: 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)

@gsarvadnya I don’t think this is the same as the “image” pasting issue. I think it might have something to do with Google Sheets defining their own keyboard shortcuts that override browser defaults. e.g. CTRL+f opens their own Find UI. Google Sheets has their own “Paste values only” option, with the same CTRL+Shift+v keyboard shortcut, which seems to sometimes take precedence over the browser-level shortcut.

Oddly in Google Chrome the browser-level shortcut is always used.

@byronigoe Thanks for your suggestion. I have added the scenario which is related to google spreadsheet copy/paste issue is the same issue. Which will be addressed along with copy/paste image issue.

Thanks!

1 Like