Passwords lost after updating to Version 1.25.68

Description of the issue:
After recent update to Version 1.25.68 I have lost all my saved passwords. My Bookmarks, History, Downloads are there anly my Passwords are gone. Also my android phone, which is not yet updated to latest version, is in sync chain with my laptop and passwords are gone there also.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Update Brave from setting while some tabs are open
  2. Relaunch Brave when prompted. This closed all open tabs
  3. After relaunch, after a while I noticed all my passwords are gone and from my phone too

Expected result:
All History, Bookmarks, Passwords, Downloads to remain as before

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.25.68

Additional Information:
Saved password of a site from the “top sites” panel in new tab page, is present. It was the only site in “top sites” panel in new tab page that had saved password. All passwords from other sites are gone.

1 Like

Same issue. I’m on Brave Beta 1.26.43 on my Pop!_OS 20.10 PC and Android phone, all my logins got wiped. I’m not sure if it has anything to do with the update. I’m also not able to store any new logins, it works temporarily but then disappears. Bookmarks and history were untouched on Brave on my PC, but on my phone the history got wiped as well.

Just recently I had again imported my old passwords from chrome but today it happened again. All passwords are gone except that one from one of the top sites as mentioned in the OP (which may be the only site of which password I saved in Brave). @Mattches you there?

We are looking into this issue now – it is filed on out github here:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.