Brave randomly deleted passwords

Description of the issue: All saved passwords are gone. Settings (color scheme, etc, options under “apperance”) got reset.

How can this issue be reproduced? No idea. I opened the browser and it was immediately noticeable something was changed due to a different (default) color scheme.

Expected result: Recover saved passwords information

Brave Version( check About Brave):
version 1.47.171 Chromium: 109.0.5414.87

Additional Information: The passwords were not backed up or synced. System restart did not work. The crash report says there was a crash at the time of finding out about the issue. I have copied up the “Login Data” file in case it is somehow recoverable from that. I have tried updating the browser after the crash.

Hello @kexton1975

Thank you for reaching out and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Can you please go to brave://crashes and

• if you have automatic crash reporting is enabled (Settings --> Privacy/Security --> Automatically send diagnostic reports), please respond back here with the crash report ID
  • If Automatically send diagnostic reports is not enabled, ensure you click Send on these crash reports listed on the page, then reply here with the crash report ID

Thank you.

Thank you for your reply! Here’s the crash report ID: 92720700-d60f-7509-0000-000000000000

Hello @kexton1975

Thanks for the information, I’ve shared this with our team and I’m waiting for further information on the matter. Once our team has answers, I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Have a great day!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.