Password for profiles

Hello, I have been using the functionality of different Brave profiles for several months now.

I share Brave Browser on my computer with different profiles for my family.

It would be useful for me, and I think others are in the same case as me, to be able to set a password when opening a profile in order to access it.

For example, I don’t want my children to have access to my profile, so I would need to be able to set a password to open my profile.

There are other use cases for this feature, which I think would be used frequently.

If I lose my password, we could set some questions (for example, what is my favorite animal, my color, or the name of my former teacher) to get it back. Or have a string of words like for synchronization, or even better a double authentication. :man_shrugging:

Hoping to see this feature added, thanks and have a great day! :sun_with_face:

Might be something to come up in the future, but typically a lower priority I do believe. The reason is that you can create Users for the PC. So rather than your family all sharing the same PC User, you’d create your own and then Brave would be different. This would be helpful to all of you and provide a lot more security than just what you’re mentioning.

Umm, just a FYI, that information is stored on your device and not online. So even if pretended and had a “password” to access, all of the information would be easily accessible from within your \brave-browser folder on your device.

Anyway, that’s just my personal feedback for what it’s worth. I know people have been requesting similar things, so who knows what Brave might add in the future.

Indeed, you are right on that point. I hadn’t thought of that.
An alternative could be thought of by the Brave team :man_shrugging:

For that use case you will use OS-level profiles, which are thousand times more secure than anything any browser could come up with.
There’s a good reason why no browser has this feature.