Option to disable opening search browser link in new tab [SOLVED]

Hello,

I recently changed from firefox to Brave, and I have one major issue for me, it is that everytime I click on a page on the browser, it open in a new tab, it is really annoying, cause I always end up having like 20 tabs in the browser.

I searched the option, but I did not find anything that matched my interest.

Does anyone know how to do this ?

Thanks you very much.

@OminousStrike
Welcome.

Do you mean when you click on a link?

If so, I just opened a site and left clicked on a link on that page and the new link opened in the same tab.

Hope you get some other replies soon.
:leaves:

Yeah That’s it, except that for me when I left click it opens a new tab :frowning:

Thanks for the reply, and hopefully someone will have a fix for me :slight_smile:

@OminousStrike
Have you tried different websites?
From what I can tell, some websites set their own internal settings so that the links open in a new tab automatically.
My experience is that each website is different from the other.

@OminousStrike,
Can you be more specific about what type of link you’re trying to open? For example, if you search on DuckDuckGo, any search result link you click on will open in the same window:

However, when searching on startpage, links are opened in a new tab (as @Dryad stated, this is often dictated/dependent on by the site itself):

I use Qwant , I tried using Qwant and Google as browser it did for both, I’m gonna check when coming back home if there’s any setting in the browsers itself.

Thank you for your replies

Fixed it, it’s just Qwant opening in new tabs.

Thank you for your replies guys :slight_smile:

2 Likes