One-button disable of money-related, non-browsing features: Crypto Wallets, Rewards, Cards, and Sponsored Images

I understand the reason why you include the money-related features, but the reason I use Brave is privacy. I want a privacy-minded, light, plain, elegant browser. The first thing I do after installing Brave is disable everything that does not help my browsing experience, including the Crypto Wallets (!), Rewards, Cards, and Sponsored Images. I want my browser to be plain vanilla, not tacky and full of features that are unnecessary for browsing.

Please, do not enable any of these “features” by default, and make it easy for me to disable all of them in one place, preferably with one click. Nothing related to them should be running in the background.

If you must add these to the browser, and make it heavier and more complex in the process, then let me install them as extensions from the web store. Making them part of the browser just cheapens it.

You have a good product, stop making it worse. Please.
Thank you!

1 Like

Absolutely agreed. For a browser that prides itself on privacy, these should not be on by default. Users should know about these things, but not because they’re shoved in front of them. I see there’s no response after 11 days, so hopefully my comment bumps this thread.

Yeah! Very true. This is one of the major for brave to score less than Chrome in benchmarks even it has no trackers enabled.

Also, these crypto features appeal to a little portion of people and are useful for them but not for all in any way. The brave should take upon the extension route by asking the user if he wants Crypto features on the setup page. For regular users, Brave is for its Privacy standards and Add Blocking capabilities.

Hey guess what in the real world you can vote all you want and every vote counts

I need love not scams

Get out of here

I need food not money

Not crypto

do I look like a video game character?

We need genuine translations

Not this trasnlations BS what is going on world why the war

Why the war

Peace will out!!