Not receiving ads anymore november 2020

HI IM NO loNGER RECEIVING ANY ADS ON MY BRAVE BROWSER. I ONLY HAD 2 ADS AS OF THIS NOVEMBER, MY SETTINGS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE AT 5 ADS PER HOUR

1 Like

Same here. I haven’t received any ads in over a month.

Dude, what do you want with 10 year old Ads? Maybe this error has something to do with the defect of your Shift-Key? :smiley:

Joking aside… the fact that you have set 5 ads per hour doesn’t automatically mean that you get them. This is only the maximum you can get if they are available in your country. So without any additional informations nobody here will be able to help you.

So please answer first:
What browser version do you use?
What operating system do you have?
From which country are you from?

2 Likes

Version 1.16.72 Chromium: 86.0.4240.183 (Official Build) (64-bit)
for my windows 10.

It is unusual that I have only received 2 ads since November started.

I also had the same problem but my problem was solved after updating the application. Updating the application plays a huge role in receiving the ads. If you have the application updated but still don’t receive the ads then you might best reinstall the browser and it will surely solve the problem.

It says it’s the latest version of the browser though

You can try this:

• Close your browser.

• Go to this folder on your PC:
    C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Profile 1\ads_service\

• Delete the file named client.json

• Restart your browser

Then use it as normal, wait a little bit and look if you receive more ads again.

2 Likes

I lost you at “Profile 1” I only followed until user data. if i include the profile 1, it says cannot find in directory

Then try this link:

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default\ads_service\

It says Folder is empty. hmm

Then go to the folder: *C:\Users\YourUsername \AppData\Local\BraveSoftware* and search after the file client.json

If you find it, make a backup and delete it afterwards. After the restart of Brave the file will be recreated. Then use the browser for a while and look if you get Ads again.

Hi, thank you for your replies. I tried to search for client.json but several files seem to come out linked to the search. Around 45 of them. I might not be able to run the software if I delete them.

I don’t know what you do? I go to the file I wrote you and search after “client.json” and this is what I get:

Maybe you’re using wrong search settings? Not one of your search result fit to the search term?!

Has anyone tried editing the page scores for the categories in that file? I have some high bogus rankings in categories I don’t even like. Some of the things I like most I have the lowest score. Bigger has to be better based on the ads I get. I’m going to start searching for “Why I hate geography” and watch that category change.

An update in five minutes of that search above, four open link results, and some reading time:
Score was my lowest at ~0.0067, score became my highest at ~0.02920.

People can quickly target if they will get popular ads directly using the category names for searches.

I think it searched including the file content, but if I search excluding the file contents, none will come out when I search client.json

How is your browser doing? Are you receiving ads again now?

From what I have noticed; it happens that there are some hours where these ads entered with great impact ,you have to check those hours and be realayable .

What do you mean?

From what I have noticed; it happens that there are some hours where these ads entered with great impact ,you have to check those hours and be realayable .

What am saying is; you will find that between certain hours like in my country around early morning hours ,I receive many ads at the same time but after sometimes,they just stoppped or come at a low rate,this is what am saying

Sigh, it doesn’t work for me though. My computer hours are fairly the same.