Not able to click mailto: links and automatically send email from email provider via brave://settings/handlers

I’m hosting my first website and I chose to switch my email provider from Private Email to Gmail. I had Email Permissions in the handler ( brave://settings/handlers ) assigned to Private Email which I wanted to switch to Gmail. I had no option to edit Private Email, only to remove email. I thought if I removed Private Email from the list then I’d be able to add a new email and type in “gmail.com” where “privateemail.com” was. Please advise how I can solve this problem, again this is my first website and I’m extremely new to this so I’d love any and all help you can give. When I click MailTo: links now I’m directed to an empty tab on Brave. My host NameCheap’s representative said that I should contact this forum.

Thank you in advance,

1 Like

Hello there @newempra please accept my apologies for this issue. Could you please provide me with your Brave and Windows version?

Yes. Windows 10 and v1.48.171

1 Like

@newempra could you pelase try creating a new profile on your browser to see if that helps?

You can open a new profile by going to Main menuCreate a new profile.

Let me know if that works.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.