Mailto: handlers

I cannot find settings/handlers as offered by hanschristian in his post…

@EvanP Which ones? I mean, if you type in brave://settings/handlers it literally takes you to it.

Otherwise it’s Settings → Security & Privacy → Additional Permissions → Protocol Handlers

If referring to be able to add mail handlers to it, that supposedly is done by the site itself. So I went and removed gmail from that listing. Then I went to gmail and on the right hand side of the address bar, I saw an icon that (when I hovered mouse over it) showed as below:

Untitled - Paint 9_4_2022 8_36_20 PM

They were saying you need to find sites that want to install handlers and it will show there. Though I’m not sure what sites do it. I tested with icloud.com/mail and I didn’t see that. Definitely will see if we can loop @Mattches into this and see if he has any better answers on that aspect.

1 Like

Thank you very much…;o)

Most known email clients will initiate this prompt — icloud may be a little weird, but I was able to see this prompt for protonmail, gmail, and Yahoo mail after testing.

1 Like

Thanks, but with Brave defaulted to Outlook and Outlook doesn’t
work…;o)

@EvanP,
Apologies but can you please elaborate a bit? I’m not entirely sure what you mean by your last comment. Also are you referring to the Outlook website or the app on your system?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.