No sound on Rumble.com live or recorded broadcasts through BRAVE - sound active using other browsers&websites

Q: Did BRAVE launch a new update that does not play well with Rumble dot com?

Using same BRAVE browser for over 3 years, Rumble dot com has never lost sound given DAILY use for live and recorded programming on the same device (non iOS) .
Issue … Lost audio last night. Only Video is active and playing.

Though BRAVE browser lost audio broadcast, by contrast,
Using Chrome browser: All Rumble dot com content plays audio consistently
but with front loaded ad campaigns (which are not present with BRAVE).
NOTE … BRAVE does play audio for Bitchute dot com broadcasts.
BRAVE does play audio for dedicated company websites.
(10 unique websites with audio tested)
BRAVE does NOT play audio for Rumble dot com

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. confirm … all device Settings for Sound option are at full volume
  2. launch BRAVE
  3. open/play any Rumble dot com broadcast (recorded or live)
  4. shut down device. wait several minutes. restart device
  5. repeat steps 2-3

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
video will play and audio will not

Expected result:
both video and audio will play with active/normal outputs

Reproduces how often:
every time

Brave Version(about:brave):
Brave 1.56.20, Chromium 115.0.5790.171

** Android/iOS Model (what device are you using?):**
moto g power (2021) , current version 2.350001

Additional Information:
operating system: Android 11; Build/RZBS31.Q2-143-27-6-16

Thank you for reviewing & suggesting solutions.

I’m having the same issue (March 2024). Volume drops out after a few minutes into a video on rumble.com and it cannot be restored without exiting the page or going to another audio source and returning a few minutes later. Is there anything that can correct the issue?

Out of nowhere (March 24th 2024) this morning on Firefox, Rumble website no longer plays sound on any video. Youtube plays sound fine. In fact, any other website worked for sound. Its not plugins or audio block settings as all were set properly and this just happened out of nowhere. In fact, yesterday, sound worked. My laptop didnt do anything or even shut off since last playing Rumble. I got on my laptop today and no sound. I tried everything to get it to work. Even reinstalling Firefox. No luck. Ive come to the conclusion, its Rumbles website or some kind of censoring going on. I even have a Rumble exe desktop app from WebCatalog that plays Rumble sound fine. It HAS to be Rumble itself.
Has anyone else experienced this?

April 7 2024 Sound knocked out on Rumble and Bitchute. Works in private window however. I deleted casche and cookies and also turned off shields and allowed all cookies to no avail.

Brave isn’t affecting the sound, either an extension or the website causing it. Would check volume levels and also test volume on other streaming sites.

This forum is for questions about Brave browser, not Firefox. You might receive better results posting on the Firefox forum. :slightly_smiling_face: