No Sound On Any Website

There is no sound in the Brave Browser on any website. At Security & Privacy>Site & Shields Settings>Additional Content Settings, the Sound is set to Sites can play sound. No customized behavior is set. I am not running any extensions. My system sound is functional and sound is produced from other browsers (such as Firefox) on websites that produce sound. Sound icon on video is not muted. System sound is not muted as sound is heard just fine from other web browsers for the same and all websites that produce sound.

1. Open Brave Browser
  2. Navigate to any website that produces sound
  3. No sound is reproduced from the Brave browser

Actual Result: No sound

Expected Result: Sound

Reproduces how often: Continually

Operating System and Brave Version: Feren OS (Ubuntu 20.04.1); Brave Version 1.36.119 Chromium: 99.0.4844.83 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: System has installed Audio device: Intel Corporation Device a3f0. New Brave profile was created and system restarted with no impact to issue.

Hello there, I’m using Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS my sound is working also using the latest brave version, Sad though I’m a avid fan of it but we are banned for some reason. Hope this link helps: https://www.maketecheasier.com/fix-no-sound-issue-ubuntu/

1 Like

Thanks jameslax. The link you provided fixed my audio problem in the Brave Browser. I owe you a beer mate!

1 Like

Most welcome mate, its nothing. Glad to help!

Unfortunately, your link did not solve my issue - no sound (only since yesterday)
No sound on Brave
OK sound on Chrome
OK sound on FF
sound on headphones intermittently
no sound on speakers all the time
again, only since yesterday
no new software or hardware installed
Ubuntu 20.04 all updated

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.