No sound on playing youtube in brave browser

I am playing youtube in brave browser is no audio is coming from my laptop speakers (lenovo ideapd 3) but when i aam playing downloaded videos on laptop the audio is coming! What is this issue , please somebody help me with this!!
Even some audio files are also not audible when playing!

Exact URL of the website in question: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geBOXRbvSu4)

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? YES

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no): NO

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome? NO

Brave version (check About Brave): VERSION 1.44.101

@djwolfstream,
Thank you for reaching out to us!

If you’re having this issue with downloaded files as well, then this is likely an issue with your system/setup itself, rather than the browser, unless I’m misunderstanding what you’re saying here?

I would perform some tests and confirm what the exact behavior is. For example:

1. Download/play several different downloaded/local audio files and test to see if any of them don’t fully lay the audio.
  2. Test Brave on different websites (other than Youtube) and see if the audio issue is only specific to YT or if it is other sites as well
  3. Test those same sites using browsers other than Brave and see if you get the same behavior or if the issue is specific only to Brave.

Brave settings are set to Sites can play sound

1. Downloaded audio files play fine in MS Player.
  2. In Brave Youtube, Facebook, et al, don’t play sound.
  3. In Chrome they all play sound.
    Please fix this.

@JohnDH,
Do you have any extensions installed in the browser at this time? Additionally, can you confirm that you see this same behavior in a Guest window or in a fresh browser profile?

Thank you for your assistance. Yes, I have a number of extensions installed. I created a new Brave profile with zero extensions and I get the same result… no sound. Thanks again.

I have uninstalled Brave, reinstalled it, still no sound. Edge and Chrome both provide sound

Hello, JohnDH!

I came across your post and was with the same issue (same laptop by the way). I found a configuration in a similar issue from march-2020 here in the community that solved it for me:

[No sound on selected videos or other multimedia from the web - #7 by tompro]
“Can you try going to your sound settings:
windows settings --> sound --> advanced sound options --> app volume and device preferences , and adjust the settings for Brave.”

On my lenovo, Brave was locked to always playing in the laptop. Changing it to “standard” made it change from speakers to laptop as I plugged the speakers in or out. Hope it helps out!

1 Like

This worked. Thank You so much.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.