No more bookmark search?

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue: Brave browser app on iOS. Previously, I had been able to search my bookmarks by typing in the main url/search bar. Now, I do not get any bookmark results - only history results. I have dozens of bookmarks, so not being able to search them is a major loss for me. Thank you for your time

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Navigate to a webpage. Create a bookmark. Name it ABC
  2. Close browser tab.
  3. In new tab, click on search bar at the top, and type ABC

Expected result:
I expect the ABC bookmark we just created to appear in the results. Previously, I believe this was happening on this same device

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Brave Browser 1.19

Mobile Device details
iphone XR running iOS 13.5.1

Additional Information:
(none)

@hob536,
Thanks for reaching out to us.
It appears that this is in fact a regression and we have an open issue to resolve it. It hasn’t seen much of activity for a while so I added your report to the thread and pinged some devs to get additional eyes on it. Issue can be viewed here:

2 Likes

@Mattches Sure thing. Thank you.
Just so I understand, this is a bug and the ability to search bookmarks will be returning at some point?

The linked issue appears to be a request to DISABLE this functionality for both bookmarks and history. I don’t want it disabled :slight_smile: I want bookmark search via the url bar to return.

1 Like

@hob536,
You are right – I added a note on the thread to clarify this but either way, the ability to search will return, yes.

1 Like

@Mattches Thank you!

1 Like