[bump] re: searching bookmarks from the address bar

Description of the issue: There have been other posts on this topic, most now closed. Previously, I had been able to include my bookmarks by typing in the address bar. Now, I do not get any bookmark results - only history results.

How can this issue be reproduced? Typing a search in the address bar, only history and suggested results are shown - no bookmarked results.

Expected result:

Brave Version (check About Brave): Version 1.20.110 Chromium: 88.0.4324.192 (64-bit) running on Windows 10

Additional Information:

1 Like

@ECPerkins,
I was also under the impression that this was the default behavior. On my end, I’m able to search and see my bookmarks – denoted by the “star” symbol:

Do you know when you stopped being able to see bookmarks suggested in the address bar?

1 Like

@ECPerkins have you looked at the setting “Show autocomplete in address bar” to make sure it is not turned off.

brave://settings/getStarted

@Mattches Sorry I missed your question from February. No, I didn’t notice when it stopped, but I must have changed the autocomplete setting at some point, as @wddot pointed out.

@wddot The option “Show autocomplete in address bar” had been on, but “Show Brave suggested sites in autocomplete suggestions” was not.

I flipped that on, and Hey Presto! I’m seeing bookmarked suggestions in my searches!

1 Like

@ECPerkins,
Glad to hear you were able to resolve this! Thank you for updating us and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.