No more ads are showing up

Hi there,
i’m using brave as my standard browser and opted in for brave rewards. i also opted in for ads. i got my settings by max. 5 ads / hour. i do not click on every ad but then and now i do. usually i got an ad notification every now and then. since friday this week i haven’t received any ad notification at all, althought i was using brave for 4 hours and more each day from friday / saturday / sunday.

can anyone help?

2 Likes

just started using brave and i havent seen any ads yet, though it says 9 have appeared.

@ratiobitcoin and @ogazi please your country

Same problems here (France) since a week.

The debbuging method posted in the community doesn’t fix the issue.

im in the united kingdom

@gsarvadnya would be of help

amigo sera que tu pais no esta incluido todavia!!!

@Dgenies country: germany

1 Like

I do have to update this topic:
Just received an ad notification (after 3 1/2 days) so it seems to work again. Don’t know what fixed it. if i knew i’d share. Thanks for the support!

1 Like

I have the same problem too. No more ads are showing up.

1 Like

Same here! No ads for over 24 hrs and been using brave on and off for a number of hours today. Also noticed recently that for sometime I’ve only been served ads during a window of a few hours, say between 7 and 9 pm. The rest of the day nothing.

Could it be that there are not yet enough advertisers willing to spend on adverts? So we only get served when there are advertisers willing to pay.

1 Like

@ogazi Please make sure brave://rewards is enabled and locale is set to one of the supported country language in Region & Language system settings.

Thanks!

1 Like

@TYP_PJ Please note maximum limit for per day is 21 Ads. If you have viewed 21 Ads per day, ads will not be shown.

Thanks!

1 Like

today i have received my first few ads. seems to be working fine now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Nokram France is Ads supported country. Please check the locale settings in Region & Language system settings. Also, please make sure Rewards is enabled in brave://rewards.

If IP+Locale ccriteria matches Ads should be served to user. Could you please check https://ads-serve.brave.com/v1/catalog whether ads catalog is downloaded for France region or not?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @gsarvadnya, thanks for your answer.

My Windows is correctly set in French and my Brave Browser too.
Rewards is enabled. (I disabled and re-enabled Brave Rewards to be sure.)

I have twice "geoTargets":[{"code":"FR","name":"France"}when I visit your URL.
Approximately one minute after visiting the URL, I received a reward notification for MyCrypto (listed twice in the catalog too).

Note : I’m scheduled on 5 ads/hour and before the last update I had ads rewards notification. Since the last update, I have this issue.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. So basically one BAT per day of ads.

Is that a new limit because I’m sure I’ve had more than that before? Also is that the plan going forward or will it depend on the advertisers you get to sign up in the future so it might vary depending on budgets?

Thanks,

PJ

1 Like

@Nokram Thanks for the information. I guess you are receving Ads notifications now, Mycrypto is Ads notification, Can you please check Ads panel and see if there is BAT reflected?

If you’re still seeing the issue, please check the focus assist settings in the system.

Thanks!

1 Like

@TYP_PJ It’s not 1BAT for per day, For each Ad view 0.05 BAT will be accured. Right now, things are in a pretty early stage, In future things may change.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @gsarvadnya

I confirm. I received between 4 and 6 notifications in more or less 4h of web browsing and my Ads Rewards increased accordingly. I expected more notifications as I am set to 5 ads per hour (as before the last Brave update).

I’ll check today if I still to receive them.

The focus assist is disabled all the time on my PC.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like