No ads when using full screen on Mac

If you are unable to or have stopped seeing Brave Ads, please read through the following posts first to ensure that basic troubleshooting steps are checked:

After reading the above, if you’re still having trouble viewing ads, please answer the following:

Are you able to receive general desktop/push notifications? : Yes
You can test this by visiting https://www.bennish.net/web-notifications.html and forcing a push notification to appear.

Are you in a supported region (if so, which one)? : Yes (India)
Check https://brave.com/transparency and confirm that you are in an applicable region

When I use laptop in full screen mode, I don’t get any ads but if I quit full screen mode and use then I get ads regularly.
This method I tried in starting of January, before that brave was always on full screen mode and I didn’t receive any ads but one day as my tabs were restored after reboot and I didn’t use full screen mode, to my surprise I received ads. Then I tried it till 26th Jan and I received many ads, yesterday I changed it to full screen and I didn’t get any ads after changing it to full screen. Today for sometime I used full screen mode and I didn’t get any ads and as soon as I exited full screen, I got 2 ads in time frame of 15 mins. Please kindly look into this matter.

What OS/Brave version are you using?

* Brave 1.19.86 Chromium: 88.0.4324.96 (Official Build) (x86_64)
Revision 68dba2d8a0b149a1d3afac56fa74648032bcf46b-refs/branch-heads/4324@{#1784}
OS macOS Version 11.1 (Build 20C69)

Brave ads have never worked while watching fullscreen content unless there was a bug that was allowing it. The intended behavior is to not display ads over fullscreen content.

Oh okay, was it mentioned anywhere and I missed it ?

@chatro,
It was at one point but we’re re-working some docs to include more information and additional troubleshooting for users to self-diagnose.

1 Like

Yeah, I made a feature request for a way to force the ads to appear in full screen mode (I have a small screen so I use fs a lot).

And I also explained this happened to other users in various post. It was almost 5 months ago so that would explain why you didn’t find anything :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.