Brave ads only appear under a specific condition

If you are unable to or have stopped seeing Brave Ads, please read through the following posts first to ensure that basic troubleshooting steps are checked:

After reading the above, if you’re still having trouble viewing ads, please answer the following:

Are you able to receive general desktop/push notifications?
You can test this by visiting https://www.bennish.net/web-notifications.html and forcing a push notification to appear.
Yes
Are you in a supported region (if so, which one)?
Check https://brave.com/transparency and confirm that you are in an applicable region
Yes, India
Give us a brief description of the ads behavior you’re seeing

1. There are no background ads coming. If browser is closed then no ads.
  2. Also, if browser is open and in use then no ads.
    3, If browser is in full screen mode and mouse is not moved for 15 minutes then if mouse moved ad appears.
  3. Along with 3, if ad comes then must press close button in notification otherwise next ad will not come. Have to restart PC to reset this.

What OS/Brave version are you using?
Please copy/paste the top 3 lines of your brave://version page

Brave 1.16.76 Chromium: 86.0.4240.198 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Revision d8a506935fc2273cfbac5e5b629d74917d9119c7-refs/branch-heads/4240@{#1431}
OS Windows 10 OS Version 2004 (Build 19041.630)

@Mattches any clue about this weird behavior? Thanks in advance

@ramneek,
None of this behavior is weird.

This is intentional – you will not receive Brave Ads when Brave is closed.

Can you elaborate?

Ads are not supposed to appear when your browser is running in full screen mode or if you have a full screen video and/or application running.

:point_up: It’s highly unlikely that this is the case even if it may seem that way. Closing ads or viewing ads will not have any effect on the next ad being served.

This reply is pretty late as I’ve been on PTO – can you confirm for me that you’re still encountering these issues?

@Mattches
thank you for replying, 1 and 2 seems understandable to me cause it prevents brave ads to be intrusive but the problem is point 3.

I am on Windows 10 and the ads don’t come if system not idle in between usage and they don’t pile up meaning if an ad comes i have to open action center on the bottom right and press close on the ad otherwise next ad won’t appear.
Focus assist is off.
Brave notification set to top priority.
Brave allowed up to 20 notifications.
Cortana disabled.
UAC disabled.

Also, the QR code to sync iOS rewards in reward settings disappear after update.

@ramneek,
Do the ads still appear as push notifications? Or do they only appear in the Action center?

@Mattches they appear as both the push notification comes and goes after 5 seconds but in action center ad remains until I press close button so I either have to press the close button on the push notification or in the action center otherwise next ad won’t come.
To sum up the issue here is that the ads are not queueing in the action center.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.