No ads on win 10

Hello Brave Community,

I am not getting ads for Brave stable edition and wondering if this an ongoing issue? I am using windows 10 64 bit. Is there a way to re-enable the rewards? I heard starting over and selecting the first ad you get enables it, but I’m not sure what I should try first. Does anyone have any advice on how I can re-enable rewards? Also, this is only occurring on windows; on my android device, I am able to get ads.

Brave version: 1.4.96

Chromium version: 80.0.3987.132

Thanks,
Anthony.

1 Like

Hello @Maledis87. Check if are “on” brave notifications on windows. Go to “Settings” then “System” then “Notifications and Actions”. See the screenshot:

1 Like

Hello @rolak,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I just tried to check if notifications are enabled and Brave isn’t on the list. I provided a screenshot for reference. Is there a way to add Brave to the list of applications that are approved to receive notifications?

Thanks.

1 Like

Sure @Maledis87 . At least I hope so. Run this simple tool and check again if will find there the Brave notifications. https://www.bennish.net/web-notifications.html

@rolak I just tried that and received the notification. I could re-install Brave to see if that helps.

1 Like

No need for re-install. Go to “Notifications and actions” at windows and check if Brave notifications are “on”.

OK I went back to notifications and brave has notifications selected to the on position now.

Ok. Normally you should receive notifications now. If not check this settings on windows: “Settings” then “Time & Language” and then “Region”. Put all as is needed (USA etc).

2 Likes

Thanks, man, I just received my first ad since you helped me. Appreciate it!

3 Likes

No problem. Pleasure to help. :slight_smile: