Nightly version rewards issue

So “no more sponsored images” should be a new feature?
Seriously, I think they’re trying to fix it, and after last update they’re close to an end, but by now the issue isn’t ultimated.

This worked for me. When I updated to Nightly 1.42.43, I received NTP sponsored image but no notifications. I Reset all in brave://flags, relaunched, and started receiving notifications. I did not reenable any of the flags I had previously set (including push notifications) except the “news peek” one. For anyone still not receiving ads, might try this especially if you have changed brave://flags default settings.

Do you see NTP now (even if not rewarded)?

I see NTP and notifications (after resetting flags). I haven’t seen any inline ads but that is not uncommon for me. Don’t know why I rarely get inline ads but doesn’t bother me so I don’t worry about it. lol

Oh, thought I should add on win10 desktop.

Edit: I am receiving earnings for both the NTP ads and the notifications.

@Chocoholic, I’m just curious, are you getting NTP Ads on every 4th NTP?

@miho171 You could be right but I would still give it some more time.

No. But I wasn’t getting that before. I think my situation is probably not normal though. I live in fly over country and my state isn’t even listed in the transparency report. I think my ad delivery is probably not typical for, or representative of, the more populated states/cities.

Either way, I had sent an email to Tmancey over at Brave yesterday and he responded today asking about the version. I’m hoping he’ll swing by this topic and check things out. But where there’s been intermittent issues and not everyone saying it’s fixed, I’m hoping they can double check and see what’s going on…if anything.

I’m also hoping to be able to hear back from others who were saying they had issues a few days ago. Those would be people below:

1 Like

I have been using nightly normally throughout the day and only received 1 NTP ad of 0.010bat that’s it. If this is the new behavior they are working on and if it gets into release then users can hardly earn upto 1Bat on whole month and many users will surely leave brave bcz if we were only using it for privacy we have better options…

1 Like

@miho171 @cmam @Shayan786 @mertwix @Thrive @Ferno

Long story short: I’ve been trying to relay information to Terry (@tmancey) from Brave and even referenced this Topic. Also sent a DM to him and @Mattches but waiting to see if they end up popping in over here. That said, last reply I had from Terry was still on my email, where he asked:

Hi

Do you have any logs from these users so I can investigate?

Thank you,
Terry

Usually I don’t like to get involved with Logs as they can contain personal info. But I guess one of two things.

1. Send him an email directly with your Log from brave://rewards-internals so he can investigate. His email is [email protected] Make sure you Refresh the page to see informaiton and then Download Full Log to create a text file that you can send.

2. If you don’t want to do the above, then copy/paste the info and send it to me in a DM here. Message me, don’t post openly. Then I’ll relay the information to him.

Whichever option you choose, please advise here if done.

2 Likes

Terry is the go to person for things related to Brave Ads/Rewards.

1 Like

Just sent you an update @Saoiray.

Please make sure you are using the latest nightly build.

Please email me at [email protected] if you would like to screen-share so I can diagnose the issue.

Ad campaigns vary by country, and by the operating system. In some countries, there may be fewer ads observed throughout the month based on campaign size, delivery pacing, operating systems, content categories, and that advertisers have selected to run their ads to.

As we continue to generate additional demand for countries where Brave Ads are available, the consistency should improve over time.

3 Likes

Hy, this is the main problem I have been facing for the last two weeks … I am using Brave nightly version. It uses the latest version When I turn on Brave reward, I do not get any ads … but when I turn it off, ads come,But they do not count …Why is this happening … I have restarted and tried many times but nothing has changed … please …

Do you not see the comment above? Also he had commented on your own Topic. Tmancey is with Brave and does a LOT of work with Rewards. He is trying to figure out what is causing the issue, so is requesting information from everyone. You’ll need to contact him.

You can uninstall Brave Nightly and download the 1.42.1 version here : https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/releases?q=1.42.1&expanded=true
But be aware of the automatic updates.

I have the 1.42.56 and it seems to be working again.

i have the same version but its not resolved.

any update for this problem? same issue here

Not resolved, still no NTP.