Nightly version rewards issue

From what I know flag doesn’t cause lack of sponsored image, only happens when aren’t available in the catalog, not the case.

Well, hard to know if flagged unless you are able to try to connect to Uphold/Gemini. If flagged, it generally tells you then. Otherwise would take Brave to look it up on their side. Being flagged is supposed to completely stop you from seeing ads, including Sponsored Images, but who knows how that works these days.

So yeah, that’s what I was wanting to focus on, is the “something.” Do a favor and test out one of the Flags for me. So under brave://flags you can search Ads and you’ll see the things below. Set them to Enabled and let me know if ads start appearing.

The other thing I was going to just have you verify for me is in your New Tab page there’s the Customize button. Do you have Sponsored Images enabled? I’m assuming you do, but when trying to troubleshoot and look at issues, I figure it never hurts to check even at the simplest of levels.

Tried to set “enabled” from “default” the 2 options in brave://flags and relaunched, still no sponsored images. Yes, I have bi enabled in new tab customization, in fact when I paste my userdata backup (with my old settings) in an older version all it works: sponsored images, popup notifications, news ads. I tried to downgrade and reupdate several times these days, and check for anything that could cause the issue, only workaround I found is stay under v 1.42.12.
PS: you said “hard to know if flagged”, I keep thinking it’s not the case simply because downgrading fix everything, restoring balance growing every ads viewed.

@Saoiray you could do a simple test installing the latest Nightly version and see if rewards work properly, I start to think it affects everyone who updated it.

It is indeed a problem with recent versions because in Brave Release/Beta/Dev (Android 11/Windows 11) the sponsored images do appear and add BAT

Strange thing happened today: updated Nightly v 1.42.43 (on android) and gave me news ads, and a couple of sponsored imaged, then suddenly stopped showing me background again, returning at the same issue affected.

Well, that was the hope. I had brought it to the attention of Jimmy Secretan from Brave who got a team together and was working on fixing it. The hopes was it would be patched. It sounds like you’re saying a change was made, but now if you’re not seeing things…guess we’ll have to see if @cmam, @Aman_M , and others who mentioned this as a problem say if they notice any changes. If not, might have to reach back out to Brave again.

1 Like

Hi @Saoiray

I am still working on version 1.41.61 until Support informs us that it has been solved

These days I keep updating Nightly every time is available, and test if changes are made. I received several emails from support center after compiled the help form, it means they really put effort to fix the problem and they listen the base users. Above the rewards, this is a great community, probably the best in the crypto environment.

@Saoiray, if I understood you correctly, please notice that these flags are not about seeing Ads, but simply changing its style to System Native or Brave types.

This Nightly issue was already spotted.

Not sure if it is Live though…

I’m not going to even begin to pretend I know the difference. All I know is in the past there were people who weren’t seeing ads and they were advised to Enable Custom Push Notifications and it solved it for them. So I’ve known it to be a potential resolution.

It’s possible that it’s a bit outdated now, but I believe there’s been positive feedback on enabling options not too long ago. I try my dardnest to watch what people say helps and attempt to comprehend basics, but that’s about all I do. Basically I try to do simple triage and regurgitate solutions that have worked for others. That tends to at least offer more information for those who do know what they are doing to be able to step in rather than coming in with an empty slate.

The same thing happens to me, I updated and now I can receive push ads and news but not sponsored images.

@Aman_M Since others seem to be saying perhaps still ongoing issue, can you advise if is still a problem for you?

1 Like

@Saoiray Yeah. It’s fixed for me. The last GitHub issue linked by g00z landed in v1.42.43 recently-

So Nightly will have to be updated to that version. It’s fixed for me both in Windows 10 & Android 11. And miho171 has spotted it.

One more thing, some changes have been made to how NTP Ads are served. I could be wrong, and too early to say, but they are not served on every 4th NTP but are decided by the browser, just like notification Ads. Amaging :astonished:

Well, that’s what I wasn’t seeing. Looked like Miho171 said they had started seeing things but then it reverted, they stopped seeing.

It’s working for me. Behaviour of NTP Ads is changed that’s all so anyone can get confused that it’s not working as you won’t see it on every 4th NTP and it’s intended. It has been in the works for some time.

Unless they changed NTP behaviour only for Nightly it still doesn’t work properly.

1 Like

Every new feature lands in Nightly first.