New installation on Mac OS Catalina crashes on launch

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Install Brave from .pkg on Catalina
  2. Click to launch
  3. Brave fails to launch

Expected result:
Open browser
Brave Version( check About Brave):
No idea, because I can’t launch it, however, it was downloaded from the home page a few minutes ago
Additional Information:
Mac OS v 10.15.4 (beta)

Hi @pdclarry - sorry for the delay here! Are you still experiencing this issue?

Yes, still experiencing it. I did use the link to get a later installer, but it has the same problem. I can send the crash report if that would be helpful, but it’s pretty big. I also updated to Mac OS 10.15.4 beta 3 from beta 2.

Same issue here. Unable to even launch Brave.

Hello, @macfanol and @pdclarry. You could try downloading the .dmg instead of using the package (here’s a link: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/releases/download/v1.4.95/Brave-Browser.dmg). That’s a disk image so you just drag Brave from it to your Applications folder.

Once it finishes downloading, open it like any other file and, after it verifies and opens, you should get a typical window, then just drag and drop.
Downloading. Click it when it’s done.

Drag it to Appilcations, then close the window and launch Brave from Applications or Launchpad or however you launch stuff.

Thanks for the link, but this version has the same problem.

1 Like

Hi ! I have the same problem. I installed Brave Browser on my Mac but it doesn’t work. It crashes at the launch. Do you have a solution ? :slight_smile:

Unfortunately there is no solution yet

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.