New Creator but my channel name is wrong

Description of the issue:
I signed up to be a publisher/creator - however when I went to go tip my creator youtube channel from my other youtube username (To test the system out) and I click on the brave logo It shows 1) that my name is wrong. ( I am and signed up as “Danny Kaye Crypto” but the name I see displayed on the drop down is “Off the Chain - Crypto” and yes I attached the correct account that shows the correct name on my dash board. That Plus is also says I am still not verified. How do I get it so it displays the correct name?

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

29%20AM

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:
Every time

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Mac OSX and Brave browser.

Additional Information:

So what is going on with this? Why is my name displayed wrong. I checked all my google settings and they seem correct. IDKY there is that difference.

Thanks for reaching out, @DannyKayeCrypto.

cc @asad @cory @steeven for assistance about your issue.

Hi @DannyKayeCrypto,

Thanks for writing in! In looking at your dashboard, it does look like the correct name of ‘Danny Kaye Crypto’ is appearing for the channel name.

It’s showing that you still need to KYC with Uphold, is this something that you’ve tried to do?

Thanks in advance for the additional info!

@steeven I am setting up my Uphold KYC now, but The issue I am concerned with is still showing. (While I am now a “verified creator” my name is still wrong.

I am on my channel which is called “Danny Kaye Crypto” HOWEVER when I click the drop down brave icon it still shows “Off the Chain - Crypto” name as being the verified creator. as well as on the Banner (IE the second photo) How do I change this “Off the Chain - Crypto” Name??

Let me show you this picture.

This data is typically ported in via the Youtube API directly, so I’m not quite sure what’s going on. Let me reach out to @nejczdovc or someone who might have a better idea about what’s going on.

EDIT: Just chatted. We don’t invalidate the cache (yet) so once the data is pulled it stays there. So if your youtube name was this previously then it would make sense why it’s showing in the Brave Rewards Panel. This is what I see going to this channel.

@cory Oh so because that used to be my channel name and because of my cache its going to appear incorrect for me…

But will appear correct to others and first time visitors?

is the correct name displaying for you for the banner that pulls up when you hit “Send a Tip”

Right, that’s why it’s appearing incorrect for you. It will appear correct for others and first time visitors who haven’t seen your channel before.

Shows the correct name for me when I hit “Send a Tip” :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.