New Brave: Delete cookies on closing browser gone? Harder to find?

Description of the issue:

It is hard to find the “delete cookies/data every time you close browser” button. It should be easier to see, unless you deliberately hid the button because you want people to keep their tracking cookies.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Open settings
  2. Look under “Brave shields defaults” - this is where it should be, but it’s NOT.
  3. Look under “advanced” --> “content settings” --> “cookies”
  4. “keep local data only until you quit your browser” - by the way, it is unclear what is meant by “data” - does this include cache?

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

SIDE NOTE - I believe I just saw that clearing my cookies did not actually clear some of them. I was still carrying some cookies from previous browsing - possibly through the “clear on exit” setting turned on. That is really not acceptable for users because we’re being tricked. Cookies DID clear on another manual attempt.

Reproduces how often:

Brave Version(about:brave):

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):

Additional Information:

I can’t use the new Brave if it doesn’t actually clear cookies on exit when it claims to do so.

Also, hiding this button / option under “advanced” is either an oversight or a sneaky way to get users to keep their cookies when they want them deleted.

Hi @encee,
Thanks for reaching out.
And please do search for existing thread. You’ll find many similar thread in this forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m not sure about the cookies setting that you mentioned above. cc @Mattches to see if it’s an issue or expected behavior.

Regarding your questions, Brave not yet re-introduce “Clear browser data on exit” like prev. Brave 0.25.x.

Logged issue here https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/492

Thanks
:slightly_smiling_face:

As @eljuno said, you should really try to search the form before you post a question or request support. Here are some recent results yielded by typing “clear on exit” into the search:

https://community.brave.com/t/bring-back-clear-on-close/38214/2

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.