πŸ‡³πŸ‡± Netherlands: Gemini accounts from the Netherlands will be automatically disconnected from Brave Rewards

Gemini has informed us that Gemini accounts from the Netherlands (NL) :netherlands: will be closed by November 17, 2023 (2023/11/17).

As a result, if you have a Gemini account from the Netherlands, your Gemini account will be automatically disconnected from your Brave Rewards profile. This means your Brave Rewards profile will look like it did before you ever connected a Gemini account.

We appreciate your understanding and will continue to provide updates if and as we receive further information from Gemini.

β€”Brave Team

Hey ChrisCat,

I was so enjoying having the native Brave Ethereum wallet right there, built into the browser and managing BAT from there back at the start.

But yeah, this news from Gemini is not handy for β€˜BAT’ users.

Unfortunately, in the past, we were made to switch from using Brave non-custodial wallet to custodials such as Gemini (if I remember correctly holders of under 25 BAT, or something like that were beholden to certain terms) to manage our BAT rewards, and now that has turned out to be in our detriment here in the Netherlands with the Gemini emigration.

And to make matters worse, all the communication from Gemini came in the middle of a crypto bull run, making in nonsensical to transfer assets to another wallet address with the astronomical gas prices.

Can you confirm the terms of service with Gemini on their original β€˜contract’ with you and see how liable they are for transaction fees? As it stands I still have a small number of BAT tokens on their/my account.
All the best,
P

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.