I cannot connect to my Gemini account & cannot collect my BAT Brave Rewards

Briefly describe your issue:

Dear Moderators of the Brave Community,

As of today, I suddently cannot connect my Gemini account to Brave Rewards and nor can I thus collect my monthly BAT Brave Rewards. Whenever I try to log in, I receive the following error message:

" Error: region currently not supported

Your Gemini account can’t be connected to your Brave Rewards profile at this time. Your Gemini account is registered in a country that’s not currently supported for connecting to Brave Rewards."

I am located in the Netherlands (Europe) and the Netherlands should definitely be one of the supported regions.

Please help me!

See the current list of supported regions and learn more about connecting a custodial account to Brave Rewards.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)? Windows 10

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no) Yes

What date did you verify your wallet? 4 April 2022

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? Yes!

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) No!

**Are you eligible for Brave Rewards ([see here] Yes, located in the Netherlands! (https://brave.com/transparency) for list of supported regions)? ** Yes

Are you on the list of supported regions when verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial partner (see here for list of supported regions)? Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? Yes

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to a custodial partner? Yes

1 Like

Please see the following screenshot of the error message that I receive:

You ignored that one, might be helpful to know because of changes in certain versions.

When you verified, were you in Netherlands and did you use Netherlands passport? Has any information changed since then in terms of your identification?

Is this on a device that was already connected to Gemini or a different device?

Hey there Saioray,

I use the following Brave version:
Version 1.44.108 Chromium: 106.0.5249.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)

It also says that my Brave Browser is up to date.

I did not ignore it on purpose. It seems that I forgot to fill that one in. Anyways, there you go.

When you verified, were you in Netherlands and did you use Netherlands passport? Has any information changed since then in terms of your identification? Yes, I was and still am in the Netherlands and I used my European Union ID card. Nothing has changed since then in terms of my identification.

Is this on a device that was already connected to Gemini or a different device? It is on my laptop and my laptop was already connected to Gemini. I have never had any problems with connecting to and accessing Gemini. The problem seems to lie with Brave itself rather than Gemini (By the way, I use Gemini because Uphold is unfortunately not available in the Netherlands).

Okay, part of the reason I was asking is some of the issues people had is that they lived in places like Netherlands but then the passport they used was from somewhere like Spain, India, or wherever. This caused a conflict. When you say European Union ID card, I’m not sure if that’s the same as it showing you for Netherlands such as your passport. (I mean I literally don’t have a clue, but might make sense to you one way or the other if they are different). So was wondering if that might have played a part.

Okay, reason I’ve asked that is because of the info below, which should apply to you.

So I’m guessing you’re falling in that area where it’s just not letting you log in through the browser but it will still arrive to your Gemini. If that doesn’t happen, then it will be an unexpected issue that Support will resolve, which we’ll get started by you submitting a Support Ticket

For now though, let’s all wait for payments to be completed and see if you get it.

Same thing has suddenly happened to my account also? and I am not receiving any payments?

Check your Gemini account under “Balances” in the top-left corner bro, your Brave BAT Rewards should be there

I have to log in to my Gemini to view my balance and I still haven’t received my payout for September?

@Odd_don , yes that is correct bro, you needed to log in into your Gemini account to view your balance. It worked for me. I think you should have by now received your September Brave BAT rewards. If not, I think it would be best to further contact the Brave Community Moderators.

yeah i think im going to have to contact moderators, thanks for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Netherlands is not a supported country for verification BTW →

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.