My Brave is showing the wrong time

Quick update - this may be an upstream (Chromium) bug. Will be keeping an eye on https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1168528

It’s a recently problem. I have just reinstalled my system and thats when this bug started. I was already an user and this never happend. I though that was something with my time zone settings but all seems correct.
I read some older post and I think this is a new one. The others were wrong by one hour or 12.

Thanks for the help.

Hi. I’m in Brazil so -3:00 Brasília/Buenos Aires time.

I am in Hong Kong (GMT+8). The time zone showed in brave is Pacific Standard Time (GMT-8)

2 Likes

How many bat are you earning per ads?

Hi, I have the same problem. It started yesterday, January 20.
I´m in Uruguay (region), GMT -3 Montevideo time zone, and the browser shows GMT -9.

I have Windows 10 Home, OS Build 19041.746. Selected Set time automatically, not selected Set time zone automatically, and do not have set DST.

My Brave version is
Version 1.19.86 Chromium: 88.0.4324.96 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Just to let you know.
Thanks.

Hi. I’m also having the same issue. I’m not sure when this bug started. I think it’s a few days ago? Thank you.

Hi, I am in Japan(GMT+9) and have same problem. New mails at Gmail arrival time sync Brave topsite time.

To everyone having this problem. I changed my windows timezone to some random one and then again my actual timezone and it fixed this error. Try it.

5 Likes

THANKS! It worked out!

It worked out for me too! Thanks a lot!

I have the same problem, I use Brave for a long time my time zone is -3: 00 Brasília / Buenos Aires

Version 1.19.86 Chromium: 88.0.4324.96 (Official version) 64-bit

Thank you very much. It worked out.

Hi There

I’m experiencing the same issue.
I have a Versão 1.19.86 Chromium: 88.0.4324.96 (Versão oficial) 64 bits over a Windows 7.

Suddenly Brave changed the Browser time.
It did happen to Chrome too.
Brave started to show 6 hours in advance.
When Windows shows 8:49, Brave time shows 14:49
And it affects Gmail and all applications running over the web browser.
I’ve tried to change the timezone, as Delhills suggested in post#14 and it worked well.
But, the bugs still remain there, silent, waiting …

Thanks

Thanks for the work-around, @Delhills :slight_smile: And thanks for confirming it folks

Upstream Chromium is having this problem too- more details at https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1168528

I’ve shared the notes from here as folks are actively looking at / triaging the issue in Chromium

1 Like

Thank you. It works.

Thank you very much. It worked out.

Thanks, Worked out !!!

Thanks a lot, it worked for me too!!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.