My Brave Browser is Starting Up with Shields Down

Every time I start up Brave, the shields are down. I can turn it on and it works once I do that.
When I restart the program and visit the same page, the shield is down again. Once it’s turned on, every site on any new tab I open starts with the shield up.

1. Open Browser and start a new tab. Shield down.
  2. Type in Google in the browser and enter. Shield is still down on Google site.
  3. Turn on shield and shield begins to work.
  4. Open new tab and type in google and shield works.
  5. Close the browser and startit back up and shield is down
  6. open a new tab and type google and enter and Shield is down again.

I expect the Shield to run on any sites or pages that aren’t Brave related or ones I’ve personally put the shields down for. And when I put the shields down for one site I expect that when I visit a new site from the same tab or new one, that the shield will start up again on the new page or site.

Shields don’t start up unless I turn it on at the beginning. Then it works like I expect it should.
This happens every time I restart the Brave browser.

Version 1.38.115 Chromium: 101.0.4951.64 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Update I just updated to Brave is up to Version 1.38.117 Chromium: 101.0.4951.67 (Official Build) (64-bit) and I’m still experiencing the same thing.

Hi

@mijose Check this:

Open brave://settings/cookies and check if “Clear cookies and site data when you close all windows” is disabled.

@mijose ,

In order to restore the Shields UP default setting . . .

In a Brave Browser > New Window, go to: brave://settings/clearBrowserData

Advanced tab:

• Set ‘Time range’ to: All time
  • Enable: Site and Shields Settings

Clear data

Return to the setting and Disable: Site and Shields Settings

Clear data, again

Restart Brave Browser

(The “Clear data” button also saves the selections.)

Hi

@mijose This might be useful to you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.