Multiple windows in iPadOS

Would you PLEASE allow us to create multiple windows on iPadOS, I really like using this feature in Safari. It’s not the same as multiple tabs because I cannot view two things in the browser at once. Like viewing something (a video or article) AND writing something in say google docs, or watching something on Netflix AND then searching say something about one of the actors or somehing about the show. I wanna do these WITHOUT having the other hidden. I can easily do this in Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

I also often use split screen in Safari to put two webpages side by side. Adding multi-window support in Brave will be very helpful.

1 Like

It’s not just “iPad” but it’s iOS in general. I too would like to see multiple windows instead of multiple tabs only on iPhone and all. It does kind of stink that you don’t have the option between and that it’s new tabs only.

1 Like

I was surprised that Safari can do this but Brave currently cannot. I feel hamstrung trying to use Brave because I can’t have two tabs open side by side.

1 Like

I use the split screen feature in Safari constantly, and was very surprised and disappointed to find that Brave does not yet support this feature. My husband had switched to Brave on his Mac for its great features and suggested I do so, too. However, I had to switch back because Brave doesn’t support a split screen. Thanks for considering this improvement.

1 Like

Hi there! Just checked again and am hoping that you are working on enabling the Split Screen function for iPads. Except for the “split screen not supported” warning I get when using Brave on my iPad, I love the browser.

Adding this functionality to Brave has been requested by only a few Apple devotees since 2019; however, I raise it again because I really want to use Brave on all my (many) devices, including my iPad. As advertised, it is extremely fast, catches a lot of stuff, etc., etc. Admittedly, I have been a devoted Apple customer for about 30 years, but of course the world has been dominated by other companies for many years.

Two things I wonder if you would consider:

1. In February 2021, it was reported that about 19 million Apple tablets were sold, a drop due to the pandemic, but impressive nevertheless. About 40% of all tablets are Apple tablets using iOS.

Although you can achieve similar (but not equivalent) functionality by having a Brave window and Safari window open in split screen, wouldn’t you (meaning Brave) rather not have those Apple screens suggesting the use of Safari again?

1. If I’m doing the math correctly (and you would know better), in 2021, another estimated 57 million iPads were sold. IPad users tend to keep their units more than 3 years. Since Apple doesn’t share its numbers, perhaps, conservatively, 150 million iPads continue in active service.

So, all I’m requesting, albeit again, is another peak at making the iOS version of Brave compatible with the Split Screen functionality on iPads (20 million or so sold in the “bad” year 2021?). I think there’s opportunity for Brave there, and it would make using Brave more functional for us devoted Apple iPad users.

Aloha,
Susan

1 Like

Would like to see this implemented as well. Multi-window (multi Brave windows running) would be great to see on iPadOS. Currently it’s difficult to be productive with Brave because of it’s limitation.

Multi window is currently supported by both Chrome and Safari.

1 Like

Multiple windows would be nice. I use two HDMI displays with my iPad Air

1 Like

I believe this feature is already being implemented and should be pushed into the release version of the browser soon:

Thank you

I didn’t know Ipad Air supported 2 HDMI displays, do you mirror one and use extended monitor or another or both of them are extended monitors? I have Ipad Air 5th gen and would definitely want to use 2 monitors with it.