Migrate profile from snap brave to repo brave

Description of the issue:

There was (and still is) an huge issue about Brave upgrade, especially for users on Brave installed from snap.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. use Brave v0.25.2dev installed from snap
  2. install Brave from repo using sudo apt install brave-browser brave-keyring
  3. open newly installed Brave

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

In newly installed Brave from repo see there are no bookmarks and other profile data.

Expected result:

All bookmarks and other profile data used on snap Brave to be available on repo Brave.

Reproduces how often:

Every time

Brave Version(about:brave):

snap brave v0.25.2dev
repo brave 0.58.21

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):

snap - no, I keep v0.25.2dev because later one does not even start with my profile
repo - yes, as of today 0.58.21

Additional Information:

Please provide documentation how to reliably and in simple way migrate profile from snap brave to repo brave.
I am using Ubuntu 18.04.

Is it really no official way to migrate profile during browser upgrade? Are you trying to discourage users from using your browser in future? Haven’t you made any migration procedure for that upgrade? How it is possible?

This is surprising that there was not feedback on that during the 9 days since it was created. So the migration procedure is to open new repo browser and select import settings from another browser. Now you can also chose Brave (old) there. That resolves the problem of migration.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.