Metamask hacked through BRAVE

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. my metamask wallet was hacked this afternoon and cleaned out of EVERYTHING including NFT’s after i tried to connect my wallet through the BRAVE browser. Is there any recourse, and why did this happen. I thought BRAVE was supposed to be safe.

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

1 Like

Sorry to hear this. In order to confirm whether your wallet was indeed “hacked”, do you have on-chain transactions you can point to that emptied your NFTs/tokens to the attacker’s wallet?

You can send this information (link on Etherscan) privately via a DM on this platform.

I think you should mention all the relevant information so some one can help you figure why that happened so it can be avoided in future.
Starting with:

1. Which extension did you use (may be extension link as there are many fake metamask circulating)

2. Do you think your private keys were exposed?

3. List of other extensions active when this happened

One liner question as wallet was hacked when I connected with browser will not help getting to root of cause

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.