Lost all the passwords after update

I have just lost all my saved login data and passwords after Brave update on my Kubuntu 20.04. The current version of Brave is 1.51.110 Chromium: 113.0.5672.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I’ve seen lots of topics like that while googling my issue. Luckily I had another account where I could re sync all my passwords from, otherwise I’d just lost all my password collected through my years in internet. I really don’t know what I’d do if that was the case.

Please, could you make sure that things like that will not happen in the future? I really like Brave, but now I’m just wandering if I want to use it as my default browser…

I really like Brave, I recommended it to all my friends, but something like that is really not nice. Just want to highlight that what just happened to me, also happened to many more people, just try to google “lost my passwords after Brave update”

@s1awek please go read everything in-depth at NOTICE: Unexplained Data Loss Issue and respond there with information as is requested.

Main thing to keep in mind is that Brave is investigating. It seems to be a Chromium issue in general. Problem is there’s been a lot of variations of what’s happened and the cause been different.

1 Like