Brave hasnt payed me! Also what happened with the Brave Rewards ads?

I was supposed to receive my (2021) September Brave Rewards payout on December, but it got delayed. They didnt payed me, and multiple times ive checked it. I dont know what to do. Also what the hell is going on with ads, im not geting any ads since 7 months. I live in Mexico and im in a supported region with active capaigns. Edit: Ive already done 4 posts about this and no one tells me anything

Operating system: Windows 10
Brave version:
1.34.81 Chromium: 97.0.4692.99 (Official Build) (64 bits)

Uphold wallet: Verified

What date did you verify your wallet?: Last time was just right now (22/01/2022, 07:46 p.m.)

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?: Yes, but only once

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no): Currently no, but i used Proton VPN in the past

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?: Yes

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??: Yes

2 Likes

I havenā€™t gotten payout for November or December and not 1 ad has come to any of my Brave browsers on any PCā€™s in the house since December 15th. I am verified via Gemini but also cannot connect my wallet anymore, get this error every time.

ā€˜Your request is still being processed, please wait.
Sorry there was a problem processing your request, please try again.ā€™

1 Like

Same here, since October! They were in my wallet, supposed to go to uphold but got lost?

Now I donā€™t even receive ads.

1 Like

My Rewards for January were at 0.927 three minutes ago and now stand at 0.33 . How can my rewards vanish like that ? Please assist.

1 Like

Hi to all the desperate (u.u)

Iā€™m the same since September '21.
But now my question is, there is someone giving a solution? After months of researching and many topics and threads, and no one (support) gave a solution. Is too confusing.
I love Brave but this is exhausting.

3 Likes

I was talking with some people and they say that triying to ā€œarrobearā€ (idk how do you write the word in english) to the support guys (steeven or salty) could help

@Evix thereā€™s a BUNCH of factors that have been playing a role with issues. The staff at Brave have been trying to find and correct issues as they are made aware of them on their end. Unfortunately they have a small staff and there are thousands of posts, with many not reading some of the fixes and feedback.

For anything payment related, youā€™re usually expected to message @steeven with the following info:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals )
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version )
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards .

This will help to speed up the troubleshooting. Thank you in advance!

He gets to people as fast as possible but gets a LOT of messages to his inbox and is tagged lots of times throughout the day. So you do have to be patient.

Outside of that, thereā€™s a lot of basic troubleshooting to do on the user end. Such as making sure you have ads on, that your IP address and locale match, youā€™re in a supported region, the wallet is connected, you have verified your information with places, youā€™re on a supported device (iPhone and iPad donā€™t earn BAT because of Apple), etc.

Then thereā€™s making sure things are fine with Gemini or Uphold. Believe it or not, they had a period of time where people put in the sample wallet ID instead of their own wallet. So that was a headache to resolve.

All of that said, Iā€™d reach out to steeven and wait to hear back from him. Iā€™d also make sure you check out some of the things I mentioned above, like making sure your Locale (which is on your computer) matches your IP and that youā€™re in a supported region. Also make sure wallets are connected, youā€™ve verified everything through Brave and either Uphold or Gemini, check to see if Brave is saying itā€™s showing you ads and if any balance earned, etc.

@culiacaner Iā€™m going to start by saying itā€™s complicated, assuming youā€™re judging based on the reported ā€œestimated earningsā€ rather than the solid amount in your wallet (it never should change once in the wallet unless youā€™re using or adding to it). So keeping a steady eye can confuse you, but it likely will fluctuate a bit here and there.

The browser tries to estimate based on how many ads youā€™ve seen and on the current value of BAT. These numbers can fluctuate a lot throughout the day. For example, in the past 24 hours, the price of 1 BAT bounced between $0.77 and $0.70. If you look for the money, the lowest value for BAT was $0.67 and the highest was $1.45. They have to factor in how much they got paid for the ad and then break that into percentages, which then influence the total BAT you are given. Thereā€™s even more to it then that, but itā€™s a general idea to try to help you understand.

They have an educational thing if you want to learn a bit more about the value of the tokens and all, you can read it at https://basicattentiontoken.org/static-assets/documents/token-econ.pdf They also have a normal site talking various things at https://basicattentiontoken.org/

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.