Leaving Brave soon

I AM NOT REGUESTING SUPPORT, BUT SENDING A WARNING THAT I CONSIDER LEAVING BRAVE
THIS MORNING I HAD TO USE ANOTHER HOUR TO PATCH MY BOOKMARKS AN SLEEPING UPGRADE WAS ACTIVATED AND AGAIN MY THOUSAND OF BOOKMARKS WERE LOST.
ARE YOU THINKING TOO MUCH IN BITCOINS THAN IN THE CONVIENCE OF YOUR USERS?
MY FIX WAS AGAIN:
cp -p /home/frank/snap/brave/220/.config/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/Default/Bookmarks /home/frank/snap/brave/222/.config/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/Default/
POST SCRIPTUM: I HAVE FOR A LONG TIME ACCEPTED INCOMPATIBLILITY WITH GMAIL LIKE UNABLE TO ATTACH IMAGES INTO GMAILS. DUE TO GOOGLE HEGEMONY, I GUESS!
but this morning I had short time to do a search and then all my bookmarks were gone due to an update that I did not allow. It would be nice if I had the chance to accept the sleeping update, it would be more democratical.

1 Like

I am also ready to leave Brave. My bookmarks are GONE, unavailable more often than they are available. I spend far to much time on this. I use firefox and the bookmarks always work. Guess it time to stay with firefox.

1 Like

cp -p /home/frank/snap/brave/181/.config/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/Default/Bookmarks /home/frank/snap/brave/184/.config/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/Default/Bookmarks

The Bookmarks file contains your bookmarks Copy it from the version before the upgrade and overwrite the Bookmarks file in the current versions and your bookmarks is back

Frank19355 WHAT!? It’s so much easier to just go back to using Firefox. But thank you for a work-around that I’m not comfortable trying.

Did go to Firefox myself and even Opera, I returned to Brave due to the experience that it removed commercial banners and alike.
Do you set up Firefox in a specific way to get rid of commercial banners?

Lol @oreo1 , i bet that B.E won t mind if you switch to Firefox.
And frustration does to lack of knowledge, has nothing to do with Brave.
People are here to help, if you don t like no one forces you to stay here.
Is simple, like/flag/solved the comments you think it helped you.
Cheers.

If anyone who lost data is still here I’d love to get some more information and potentially troubleshoot the issue with you — we’re currently looking into a similar issue so any information you could provide would be very helpful.

It don’t really matter
Guess I’ll keep it to myself
Said, it don’t really matter
It’s time I look around for somebody else

I am lazy and have not yet moved to Firefox, but yes the issue appeared again when the upgrade on my Ubuntu went from 232 to 234. Again I did the:
cp -p /home/frank/snap/brave/232/.config/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/Default/Bookmarks /home/frank/snap/brave/234/.config/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/Default/Bookmarks
My shortcut on the Brave desktop was gone, too. Do not know about passwords I use an encrypted wallet my bigest Crutches. But I guess the saved password would be gone, too together with history. Mattches? What more information do you need. Sorry to say, you need a developer-whip, or something. Do not whip under the feet they might like it.

@Frank19335,
Please see the following thread:

You are right the issue has been noted for a while, I am sure that some of it due to a larger amount of users. On my Ubuntu the snap refresh do the update glitch free.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.