Latest Brave set brave as default browser does not take no for an answer

Since last version update, Brave keep asking to set it as default, more or less each time I open the browser.
Windows 10 x64 latest OS.Brave nag screen

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

2 Likes

I have the same issue. It’s very annoying. I would like to see an option to turn this off.

Description of the issue: Brave asks to be set as the default browser every time you open it.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open Brave.

Expected result:

This should never be asked or only asked once.

Brave Version( check About Brave ):

Version 1.21.73 Chromium: 89.0.4389.72 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

2 Likes

Same, and this is incredibly annoying. Would love to see a way to disable this in settings (or, better yet, directly from the nag box).

2 Likes

For what I could find browsing the net the issue was reported one year ago on Reddit.
It confound me how Brave team seam to dismiss certain reported issues without even bother to say" Hi we are looking into his".

2 Likes

Confirmed same here

[Version 1.21.73 Chromium: 89.0.4389.72 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

1 Like

Some more information about this issue:
https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/12203#issuecomment-786288709

I’m not sure how exactly my issue is connected to this, since I have long ago installed Brave.
It has not been set as default, and it is still not. And since March 2 or so, it has started to warn me on every launch that it’s not my default browser. And I couldn’t find any option to disable it. It just warns and warns.

Also, today I have suddenly repro volume controls issue. Cannot do it again tho. Probably, it’s some Win10 problem, not Brave’s.

1 Like

Some more information about this issue:
https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/12203#issuecomment-786288709

Are you saying this is a “feature” not a bug? I installed Brave in August of 2019, so I tend to think I’ve gotten past the 3rd, 4th,… 20th launches by now.

Still pops up randomly when starting, and then often again the next launch. Setting as default and then reverting to my “true” (desired) default browser does not affect this unwanted behavior.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.