Languages: Spell check dictionary download failed (Windows 11)

hi there,

i got the error “Spell check dictionary download failed.” in Settings → Languages and Spell Check does not work!

any fix?

what i’ve already tried:
Re-Install Brave
Added another Language → deleted English → Restart → added English again
deleted all BDIC-Files from “%localappdata%\BraveSoftware”
deleted WHOLE folder “%localappdata%\BraveSoftware” and restarted brave
HOSTS file is also clean!

if i enable Spell check → error!

Edit
Also COMPLETELY re-installed Brave now, means:

1. Unisntall Brave
  2. clean all Browser Data too
  3. Removed all leftovers (means all Brave Folders)
  4. Reinstalled Brave
  5. No Extension or anything installed
  6. Settings → Languages → Spell check dictionary download failed.

Same problem her. Brave is already allowed in firewall. I noticed that this was a problem 3 YEARS AGO in other closed topics, with no solution posted. I will have to return to firefox

Same problem here. But not a reason to move to a different browser :wink: :metal:

System Information:
Kernel: Linux 6.2.13-300.fc38.x86_64
Browser Version: Version 1.50.125 Chromium: 112.0.5615.165 (Official Build) unknown (64-bit)

Yeah… no! ^^
If this would be the “only” problem then maybe not.

YouTube and other Videos stutter when play with Brave, already had the problem before 1-2 Years and it still the same everytime i try it. :frowning:

No matter if the OS is New Installed and also changed whole Hardware last 2 Years, still the same problem.

Maybe incompatibility with any of my extension but on Chrome and Edge there is no problem with all the same Extensions active.

But… tbh im tired every time to report bugs (in my spare free time) on “almost every” software with the goal: “the error is on your side”.

If it works, ok… if not → su*k it and use another Software that works → done.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.