Know how to put Brave in French on Chrome OS (Linux)

Description of the issue:

Impossible to put the Brave browser in French in the settings.

How can this issue be reproduced?

Hello, I have a problem with the Brave browser on Chrome OS (Linux).
When I installed it, it is in English language. I would like to put it in French but when I put it in French, it is impossible to modify it so that Brave becomes in French (see attached image). What to do ?
Yours truly.

Expected result:

Be able to put Brave in French in Chrome OS

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.15.72 Chromium: 86.0.4240.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

Hello @fantasybenji85

check that your language settings is set to french in your chrome os settings

go to brave://settings/languages add another language French lanaguge even if it the same as the one you already added

so you will have 2 french on the setting

one for translate and one for the GUI langauge

hope that help and have a nice day

Hi @fantasybenji85, Welcome to Community!
The language should be based on the system language.
Can you go into your device settings and change it to french?

Hello,

I changed the language of the system to French but nothing helps :frowning:

What to do then?

@fantasybenji85, did you quit and restart Brave?

@Aa-ron yes i quit and restarted Brave :frowning:

could you try this :point_down:

@justsomeone1 , even by putting the 2 French languages ​​in priority, we can only choose the language for the translation of the pages, and the option for the primary language of Brave does not even appear :-(. Strange…

could you arrange the language to that order as in this image but use french for yourself
another thing there many french option there could you try change the french for another country

hope it help and have a nice day

@justsomeone1 Hello,

Sorry for the late response.
I did as you told me, and the option to put the French language is not displayed at all :frowning:

@fantasybenji85

it’s ok do not be sorry could you start new profile and see if it work fine on the other one or not

How to create a new Profile?

go to menu then create new profile

No, that doesn’t change anything.

Forget it, I will stay on the English language, tampis.

Bonjour @fantasybenji85. I was not aware that it was possible to run Brave on Chrome OS. How did you install it?

It’s not something we’ve ever tested, but it sounds like apart from the language setting, it’s working well?

@fmarier, Here is the link that explains the installation : https://brave.com/linux/#linux

And yes, it works well although I can’t change the language to French

Salut @fantasybenji85

A tout hasard, as tu rencontré le même problème si tu as installé Brave avec un autre OS (tablette, PC, laptop) ou bien, est-ce seulement avec Chrome OS?

Ă  te lire

Bonjour @Tiko, oui c’est juste avec Chrome OS que je rencontre ce problème de language. Pour les autres supports, aucun problème :+1:

OK, dans ce cas c’est un détail qui n’avait pas encore été prévu dans cette config avec cet OS.
L’équipe technique de Brave est très réactive, un fix devrait arriver bientôt (j’espère pour toi).

Ah, il s’agit tout simplement de suivre les instructions Debian/Ubuntu ?