I have some simple, but very useful ideas:
- Add the ability to customize UserAgent (like on Maxthon)
- Add samples for UserAgent settings (Brave, Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari, Mobile, etc.)
- Add presets for some websites (for example, make Instagram think that I’m using a mobile browser)
- Give us the ability to select UserAgent for specific websites (for example, Opera Mini for Instagram and Chrome for Google’s services)
Why I think it will be useful for many users:
- Some website have a cool mobile version. Just look on mobile Instagram: if you use Instagram on mobile browser, you can upload photos and write messages. What can you do on desktop website? Almost nothing! So why do almost all browsers still work only with desktop versions of websites? Just give us a choice!
- Some website “does not work” with the browser. Sometimes it’s really true, but sometime you can just change UserAgent to see that the website can be opened on your browser. This “crutches” can fix many problems.
- Sometimes it can be useful for developers. For example, if I need to see how my website will work on different browsers, I can just switch UserAgent. If in doubt, just try Maxthon.
By the way, there’re not so many ways to use mobile websites on PC today:
Don’t underestimate the power of Instagram and Google!