Issues with rewards and update

Hi all, sorry if this is the wrong place to post, I’m new in Brave community. First of all I was having a problem with Brave ads, I’ve used the browser for a few months and received some BAT, but last month they suddenly stopped appearing. I was looking for fixes to this issue and found a few tips, one of them said I should update Brave to the latest version so I can receive ads.

Then, I found another problem. When going to the “About brave” section on the Settings tab, I get the following error: An error occurred while checking for updates: Update check failed to start (error code 3: 0x80040154). Here is a screenshot. I followed the steps on “Learn more” but it didn’t work, I fully uninstalled and reinstalled from the Brave page, everything seems right in regedit, but I still have the same error.

Now I have the latest Brave version, but I’d prefer not having to manually update everytime, so I’d appreciate help with this problem. And about the Brave ads, this one also persists, I’m not receiving a single ad (even with Brave rewards set to 10 ads/hour). Please help me!

2 Likes

Thank you for reporting! Please DM with the following information:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals)
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version)
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards.

This will help to speed up the troubleshooting. Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

Hey, I DMed you a few days ago, can you check please? :slight_smile:

1 Like

still need help on this…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.