Description of the issue:
So, I realized I had ads appearing at my smartphone, but not on my computer. I looked at the history and I don’t see a reward ad since February.
Also, I can’t check for updates. When I go into “about brave”, I got an error.
I’ve already tried a standalone install
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Using brave normally
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
No reward ads. Error when checking for update: An error occurred while checking for updates: Update check failed to start (error code 3: 0x80004002 – system level).
Plenty of reward ads, Updating automatically.
Reproduces how often:
Operating System and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu):
I do not use VPN.
I do not have an Anti-Virus (and I don’t think Windows Defender is blocking the connection)
I have these extensions:
Behind the Overlay
Do I Access
Foxit PDF Creator
Google Docs Offline
Google Meet Grid View
Loom for Chrome
Notion Web Clipper
Save IG Live Story
Simple mass downloader
Twitter Media Assist
Video Speed Controller