Issues accessing FOXNEWS

Description of the issue:
Accessing FOXNEWS is problematic. ONLY FOXNEWS, all others are OK. Oftentimes, the first time in is OK but after that its either very slow or never comes back. Microsoft’s EDGE does not have this problem.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Easy to do, just click on FOXNEWS and behold the issue.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
The FOXNEWS icon at the very top left goes round and round and never to stop.

Expected result:
IT used to work OK but in the last 2 weeks it hasn’t.

Reproduces how often:
All of the time.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 (latest maint. level); V1.5.114 Chromium: 80.0.3987.149 (64 bit)

Additional Information:
Have cleared all of my cookies, etc. No help there. THANK YOU for any help.

2 Likes

@dissenter1,
Thank you for reporting.
Doesn’t seem like I can reproduce this – foxnews.com loads for me as intended. Are you logged into the site when you see this behavior by chance?

1 Like

Thanks for the response. It appears that Fox auto signs me on because I did not request it. When I click on the top right icon (of a faceless person) I eventually see my profile. Slow but I see it.

1 Like

@dissenter1,
Can you tell me if turning Shields off changes the site’s behavior?

![image|496x500]

I see this when I ask for SHIELDS:

How do I get to the shields for Fox?

@dissenter1,
Apologies, I should have been more specific. I was referring to the Shields panel, which you can find in your address bar. SImply visit foxnews.com, then click the lion icon in the address bar:

The main toggle on the top right of the panel will toggle Shields OFF entirely. The page should refresh, then see if the issue persists.

More information on Shields and how they are used can be found here:

Shields was UP for Fox. I turned them off and now it works OK.

I never had this issue in the past. What changed?

Anyway, thank you for the help. Am I OK to run this way in the long run?

@dissenter1,
Shields blocks you from trackers, ads and other things online. You likely won’t notice any difference but you won’t have the same protections as you would with Shields up. I’m reaching out to one of our engineers to take a at the situation and see what Shields is causing this issue.

Hey @dissenter1 Does the same issue occur in Brave beta?

https://brave.com/download-beta/

Have not tried the Beta.

wait! what??? is brave being total democrats now??? :open_mouth: … though I’m not an american neither I have any interest in US politics, I’m not even a right winger! but shouldn’t a browser be neutral and less politically biased? what the heck is this? ridiculous!

I spoke too soon. Even with the shields down its still not working correctly. Usually it works the 1st time in, but after that I have issues.

Issue #1: When I click on article the top left icon just spins and spins. It may work, but it takes a long time to do so.

Issue#2: When exiting an article I see the same behavior (spinning).

If I get totally out of Fox and get back in, it’ll work the 1st or 2nd time, but after that … issues.

MS Edge doesn’t have these problems. Also, I used Dissenter for months and it worked fine. But now it doesn’t.

Our political thoughts and opinions don’t affect what we do at Brave. Sites break, sites have complex javascript, tracking and ads. Webcompat issues affect many sites, Just because it’s Fox news doesn’t make any valid conspiracy.

1 Like

Just here to reiterate what @fanboynz said – the issues you’re seeing have absolutely nothing to do with the content of the website.

I never said they did.

2 Likes

@dissenter1 my comment was directed towards @cryptomagi.

Just trying to keep this conversation focused around the actual web compat issue

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.