Isn't Brave's translator supposed to appear automatically when a foreign language webpage is displayed?

I loaded a Wikipedia webpage in a foreign language, expecting Brave’s translator to display a popup asking if I wanted the page translated. No sign of it.

Does it not work in TOR windows?

The icon is usually in your address bar area, on the far right. If you need more details, you can see it at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/8963107404813-How-do-I-use-Brave-Translate-

@Saoiray Just tried again. It worked in a regular Private window (i.e., prompt to translate displayed) but the prompt didn’t appear in a Brave TOR window.

I’ll tag @Mattches on this as I am not sure if it’s intended behavior, an issue, or what? Also have to ask, when you’re in the TOR window, are you on normal sites or you going to onion sites?

@Saoiray Thanks, just a regular site. No onions.

I do not think that the translate feature is intended to work in Tor windows. I will double check with the team but I do not believe this is a issue/bug.

1 Like

> I do not think that the translate feature is intended to work in Tor windows.

@Mattches Thanks, looks like that’s so. I’ve compared several foreign language webpages in ‘Private’ and ‘Private TOR’ windows/tabs. The ‘translate’ prompt only appears in regular Private, not in Private TOR.

1 Like