Is there a way to prevent Google from 'Auto-Logging me in' across their sites?

Description of the issue:

I’m sure this experience is intended, since Brave is using Chromium, and since this is an intended experience with Chrome. However, is there a way to prevent Google from auto logging me into their sites when using Brave? I don’t believe I had this issue with Firefox, but I also don’t use them anymore and don’t really want to go back.

For Example:

If I login to my Gmail I can access all of G suite across the browser without needing to keep signing into each product such as Google Drive, Docs, Calendar, etc. When I go to YouTube it keeps me signed in as well, and I understand that it’s part of Google. But is there a way to disable that?

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Log into Gmail.
  2. Switch to YouTube. It should have kept you logged in.
  3. Same thing with Google Drive, Calendar, Docs, Etc.

Expected result:

It would be ideal if it didn’t keep me logged into my Gmail across the browser, but I understand that a lot of people may like that about Brave, since its a Chrome alternative. However, Could we maybe get an update or a feature added into settings where you have the ability turn this on or off? Please and Thank you!

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.14.84 Chromium: 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Additional Information:

I love Brave and I appreciate all of the hard work you have put into this browser. Thank you all!

One solution / work around, could be; try browsing youtube on a private window, whilst signed in to google on your normal window. Just an idea.

1 Like

@michaelscarn,
Thanks for reaching out. The short answer here is no, unfortunately since they all use the *.google.com domain (including Youtube, which looks for accounts.google.com cookie data), any valid matching cookies will be sent along with the request.

One thing you can do is to use Private windows when using Google services. Since cookies and browsing data is not carried over into Private sessions, you will be required to authenticate into any/all accounts when you first visit them.

1 Like

Good idea, I’ll probably do this for now. Thank you!

1 Like

Thats what I figured and I will definitely go that route for now.

Thank you for the response and the recommendation though, I appreciate it!

P.S. It would be really sweet if that could be enabled/disabled in settings without having to browse privately. I totally get it though!

1 Like