Intrusive pop-up message: "To get future Brave updates, you'll need macOS - or later. This computer is using macOS -."

Hey, how do you turn off this basically intrusive pop-up that appears every single time you open Brave?

To get future Brave updates, you’ll need macOS - or later. This computer is using macOS -.

I’m not updating my OS at the moment. I’ve seen the pop-up dozens of times already. I don’t need to be forced to see it every time I open my main browser. And also having to click the small “x” every single time.

I’d like to make my own choice, about not having to run the latest brand new version of an OS.

This was actually already fixed:

Can you tell me if you’re seeing the second confirmation dialog appear after clicking the x?

Can you tell me if you’re seeing the second confirmation dialog appear after clicking the x ?

No, I don’t.

I have the same issue, and can confirm that I’m not seeing a second dialogue here either. This is particularly annoying as my Mac isn’t even able to run 10.15, Apple dropped support for it after 10.13

Just in case this is useful diagnostic info, I have exactly the same issue in Chrome.

1 Like

@Mattches, is there a reason why I’m not seeing the second confirmation dialog, after clicking the “x”?

The pop-up still appears every time I open Brave.

Exactly the same here. If I ignore it and just load a YT vid in fullscreen, it persists. Annoying way to be reminded that I can’t afford a replacement machine.

Can you please try running the following command from your macOS terminal?

defaults write com.brave.Browser SuppressUnsupportedOSWarning -bool true

Tell me if you’re still getting the same message after running it.

Thank you

1 Like

@Mattches
That worked. Thank you very much.

@loggy @Andy_R

2 Likes

No more notice, thanks!

1 Like

Thanks fr tagging me, I would have missed it otherwise.

1 Like