Infinity load in random pages ( ⇦ Slow loading or No loading)

@DogeKing , is this on Windows?

What version of Windows are you on?

Is any antivirus or other security software installed?

Do you have any extensions installed/enabled? If so, does it still happen with them all disabled?

Are you using ‘Secure DNS’ settings in Brave? What if you turn it off?

Is anything set in brave://flags ? (Anything with a non-default setting will be sorted to the top, and will have a blue dot next to it.)

1 Like

I just tried with ‘’‘secure DNS off’’ for now its working.
All extensions are off from start of this problem so I dont think extensions are problem right now.

1 Like

OK. Let us know if it works consistently for a while, with that disabled. And if so, we can probably figure out why at that point if interested.

1 Like

I just tested few things I turned ON ‘‘secure DNS’’ again and my antivirus ‘‘avast’’ was on cooldown period for 10mins and everything worked well and when avast got back online again its stopped loading pages again only few loading like from start of this problem(youtube/facebook/LinkedIn)

1 Like

On 1.40.113 Chromium: 103.0.5060.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Doing the same thing for me as well… I left my house for a couple hours with a few open tabs. 3 or 4 hours later when I got home I went to open a new tab and no sites will load. I have to fully exit Brave and only then can I continue where I left off or navigate to new sites…

A couple notes, this was happening on my recent Win10 install as well as my current fresh Win11 install. Hibernation and sleep are disabled. It appears that leaving the computer idle is the cause but why would that break the browser after a couple hours? After 3 or so hours of being idle It just wont load any site data until you restart the browser. So annoying…

1 Like

Just to rule in/out whether it’s the same as the original issue from this thread, next time it happens, can you:

• Disable your local AV software (unless it is MS Defender)
  • Turn off Secure DNS in Brave settings

If applicable, after doing those things, does the behavior change?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.