Increasingly experiencing problems with Brave. AND I can't input my PIN to export passwords and bookmarks to Chrome

For starters, I’m having a problem accessing websites I’ve used for years — like Bitly.

So I need to update my information in Chrome for backup. Problem is, I can’t paste OR type more than two characters in the PIN panel. Can anyone help?

In case answer-notifications aren’t automatically emailed to me, my address is [email protected]

Thanks to ANYONE who can offer advice!

@Spoxx,
Can you please provide some more information about the issue you’re encountering as well as your setup?

• What OS are you using?
  • What Brave version are you using?
  • You mentioned bitly — what other websites are you unable to access?
  • What does “unable to access” mean in your case? Do those sites not load at all? Do they freeze? Exactly what happens when you try to visit sites?
  • You mention your “pin panel” — can you please be more specific about what you’re talking about? Are you referring to the password/pin that you need to enter in order to view/export password data from Brave? If not, can you please elaborate?

Thank you

• What OS are you using?
    Windows 10

• What Brave version are you using?
    Version 1.66.113 Chromium: 125.0.6422.76 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• What does “unable to access” mean in your case? Do those sites not load at all? Do they freeze? Exactly what happens when you try to visit sites?
    When I try to log-in to bit.ly, I get this message - -
    A mysterious error occurred. Please give us a moment to investigate, then try again.

• You mentioned bitly — what other websites are you unable to access?
    Right now, Bitly is my main problem. I recently tried logging-in to a Target Credit Card site, and got some message about VPN. The other HUGE problem I’m having now is that I can’t upload a Saved Emails folder to Google Drive. I suspect it’s my computer, instead of the browser — because I’m having the same problems on Chrome and Edge.

• You mention your “pin panel” — can you please be more specific about what you’re talking about? Are you referring to the password/pin that you need to enter in order to view/export password data from Brave? If not, can you please elaborate?

When I click to Export, Brave asks for my PIN — but I can only type-in, or paste, two characters of my PIN (which I assume is my password) to export that info.

Thank you VERY much for your help, Mattches!

—Francis

@Spoxx,
For bit.ly, can you please try disabling Brave’s Shields and see if this allows you to login? You can do this by visiting bit.ly, clicking on Shields (lion icon in the address bar), then toggling them “off”.

For exporting data, yes the PIN would be the password used to login to your system. Do you actually use a PIN to login to your computer or is it a fully password? Additionally, you say you can only enter two characters — is that to say that you can type two in and then typing any more just does nothing?