In Brave Sprotsmole.co.uk suddenly says "unsecure" but valid certificate

I recently noticed that https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/ says the message “insecure” but the certificate is valid how does one work out the issue? using
[Version 1.26.77 Chromium: 91.0.4472.164 (Official Build) (x86_64)]

1. go to www.sportsmole.co.uk or amp.sportsmole.co.uk

shows insecure but can’t see what the issue is. The certificate says it is valid.

Version 1.26.77 Chromium: 91.0.4472.164 (Official Build) (x86_64)

1 Like

Couldn’t reproduce on either page. Clear your cookies and cache and try again.

Type brave://settings/clearBrowserData in the address bar → preferably set Time range to All time.

1 Like

Thanks for that glad other people aren’t seeing the error.

I’ll try that tip and see if it improves things, its a shame you can’t just clear Browser data for a single domain to try to resolve this without removing all the browser data.

1 Like

That seemed to work but a rather drastic solution. Thanks for the help.

2 Likes

I’m happy your issue is gone for the moment!

I understand clearing the browsing data might be frustrating but in the case of web browsers, clearing the browsing data is literally the equivalent of switching a device off and on when it’s not working properly. It works wonders most of the time :smiley:

1 Like

I understand thanks - as I said its a shame you can’t do it on a domain by domain basis so you don’t loose all the login and other data that is actually useful :slight_smile:

It doesn’t answer the question why did it do it abd how to stop it happening in the future.

1 Like

The site was secure for me. Are you using secure dns? try disabling and refreshing the page.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.