In Brave Sprotsmole.co.uk suddenly says "unsecure" but valid certificate

I recently noticed that https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/ says the message “insecure” but the certificate is valid how does one work out the issue? using
[Version 1.26.77 Chromium: 91.0.4472.164 (Official Build) (x86_64)]

1. go to www.sportsmole.co.uk or amp.sportsmole.co.uk

shows insecure but can’t see what the issue is. The certificate says it is valid.

Version 1.26.77 Chromium: 91.0.4472.164 (Official Build) (x86_64)

1 Like

Couldn’t reproduce on either page. Clear your cookies and cache and try again.

Type brave://settings/clearBrowserData in the address bar → preferably set Time range to All time.

1 Like

Thanks for that glad other people aren’t seeing the error.

I’ll try that tip and see if it improves things, its a shame you can’t just clear Browser data for a single domain to try to resolve this without removing all the browser data.

1 Like

That seemed to work but a rather drastic solution. Thanks for the help.

2 Likes

I’m happy your issue is gone for the moment!

I understand clearing the browsing data might be frustrating but in the case of web browsers, clearing the browsing data is literally the equivalent of switching a device off and on when it’s not working properly. It works wonders most of the time :smiley:

1 Like

I understand thanks - as I said its a shame you can’t do it on a domain by domain basis so you don’t loose all the login and other data that is actually useful :slight_smile:

It doesn’t answer the question why did it do it abd how to stop it happening in the future.

1 Like

The site was secure for me. Are you using secure dns? try disabling and refreshing the page.